General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rain Gear: Gloves

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 01:58 PM
Lone Watie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rain Gear: Gloves

It's the rainy spring here in VA. Half-day sun, half-rain, and getting tired of leaving the bike in the garage. I have a packable suit from HD I like, but need something for the hands to keep them dry. Who uses what from where, and while we're at it, who uses overboots? Links/pics/prices if you have them. Thanks.

Old 04-04-2008, 02:13 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Rain Gear: Gloves

I have the HD Gore-Tex two piece rain suit, overboots and the HD waterproof nylon gloves. All works great and would recommend it. Sorry, no pics.

Old 04-04-2008, 02:14 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Gore-tex man, gore-tex!

As far as your boots, if you don't want to get gore-tex lined boots, use Sno-Seal on the ones you have now.

Old 04-04-2008, 03:08 PM
Jonny Cannon
Road Warrior

I just bought a set of the boot covers off of Dennis Kirk:

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produc...tId=&mmyId=

Stripperella & I got caught in a torrential downpour last weekend in the Foothills (and actually made a run for the Dragon because it was SAFER how weird is that?). These things worked AWESOME. Dry feet, dry boots & could still feel my pegs. I'll admit, getting my foot under my shifter was a bit snug, but I rode all day with them on. We both have a pair, and I am so glad I got these, I can't believe I didn't get them sooner.

As for gloves, if it's raining & warm, I go bare-handed. If it's not, I have a set of old snowmobile gloves with raincovers that I use.

Cannon

Old 04-04-2008, 06:36 PM
CarbideDude
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get any leather gauntlet gloves that seal on the cuffand coat them in Nikwax Glove Proof and you'll have dry hands for at least half a riding season. The only place I know you can get that now is Gerbings, the same place that makes the heated liners. Try this link:

http://www.gerbing.com/Products/Specialty/nikwax.html

If it's hot I usually ride bare hand like Jonny. For touring I often carry AlpineStars DryStars. They have models I, II, and III. You can find the model I really cheap. I think I paid around $40. Not very Harley-like, but they are incredibly comfortable, not too hot thesummer, and guaranteed to keep your mits dry in the worst storm there is. Here's a link:

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...ar-Gloves.aspx

Old 04-04-2008, 06:56 PM
fbhawg
Tourer

Get any breathable waterproof boots and gloves. Call it Gore Tex, dry plus, or any other name thats breathable and waterproof and its the same stuff. Your hands are a very important part of the waterproof formula.

Old 04-04-2008, 07:17 PM
Drat
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts

I have the Harley overboots. Found them on sale. I was using Gore-tex gloves, but switched to a set of neoprene gloves that I found on sale for $5. The gloves are big enough to wear my gloves in them or just wear them alone. Good grip in the rain. [sm=exactly.gif]

Old 04-04-2008, 07:30 PM
itileman
Outstanding HDF Member

+1 with Drat. Only drawback to them is if it gets too warm out, your hands will get hot. Fantastic for cold, wet weather.

Old 04-04-2008, 07:33 PM
Jonny Cannon
Road Warrior

And a neat trick if you're from the Great White North - go to a Tim Horton's, and ask them for a pair of the plastic gloves they use when preparing bagels, etc. Wear them under your gloves. Work great. Doesn't solve the problem of a soaking wet glove, though, but it will do in a pinch.

Cannon

Old 04-12-2008, 11:00 AM
sthorp
Novice

I use a pair of neoprene gloves, made of the same material as a SCUBA wetsuit, 100% waterproof and warm, great grip.

Quick Reply: Rain Gear: Gloves