General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tell Me It Ain't So.................

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 08:02 AM
Corpexec
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tell Me It Ain't So.................

Guys and Gals - tell me it ain't so. Many years ago, Harley Davidson meant something. Today, it is just two words that seem to always cost money. Service is dead, integrity is dead, craftsmanship is dead. There is nothing that sets HD apart anymore and this is really disappointing.

In the Tampa market, the Ferman Auto Group controls the market. For the lack of service and integrity, you might as well just own a car as this is how you are treated at Tampa, Old Town Brandon and New Port Ritchey Harley Davidson. "Keep your mouth closed and your wallet open" is their new mantra. They all talk a good game, but deliver far less. On a recent call, these dealers were 25-40% HIGHER on the same repair as Manatee HD or Lakeland - just a few miles away.

Like Harley Davidson, there was once a time that the Ferman name was closely associated with great product, superb service and fair pricies - but no more. Mr. Ferman, the founder, is surely rolling in his grave on what the family has done and now stands for.....high prices, shitty service and a "**** you" attitude....... It is this type of attitude that will continue to loose Tampa HD locations market share as we have all had enough.

Service is dead, long live service.

[IMG]local://upfiles/49941/5CA4CE39A4334731AEE835034E1B8406.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-14-2008, 08:13 AM
rydermike
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Tell Me It Ain't So.................

I've bought 2 from gulfcoast , next time will prolly be done at seminole (in sanford,fl) they seem to have very good prices ...2 weeks after I traded my RK for an Ultra , was over at seminole and thye had 2 new police version RK's ...16K , HELL for that I woulda stayed on a king!

Old 05-14-2008, 08:16 AM
old95
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

try to find a dealeras quickly while on the road as HD, I really don't getwhere you are coming from, but I think I'll just say, the old days your seem to remember were NOT as good as you remember them.

Old 05-14-2008, 08:16 AM
Big Sled
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Received 7,684 Likes on 4,073 Posts

Move.

Old 05-14-2008, 08:23 AM
Lopoetve
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so you're complaining that HD is dead just because your few dealers suck?

Old 05-14-2008, 08:26 AM
boone432
Road Captain

I don't get it...

Old 05-14-2008, 08:37 AM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Troll? [sm=badbadbad.gif] I can't stand my dealerships service department. So I go to a great indy instead a little farther away. Great work, half the price, finished on time.

Old 05-14-2008, 08:41 AM
cmhfguy
Road Master

Sounds to me you have a beef with the Fermans. You got on your horse about them LAST DECEMBER ..
https://www.hdforums.com/m_231961/mp...tm.htm#2643742

And you still can't let go. If you don't like dealing with them then stay away from them, but why keep ranting about them here? Get on with your life!

Old 05-14-2008, 08:48 AM
Gaffy52
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I did have problems with my local dealer but I dealt with it in my own way and now they are fantastic. As I've always said its not what you do that counts, its how you do it that's important. In my case I wrote to the MD of the controlling group of companies and listed all my issues and concerns and they very courteously and professionally dealt with them all. There are still a couple of numpties there - but I ignore them and interact with those who sem to value my custom!

Oh yes - I forgot to add that you need to remember you have a choice and sometimes you need to exercise that right and vote with your feet!

Old 05-14-2008, 08:56 AM
Big Sled
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Received 7,684 Likes on 4,073 Posts

Hey Gaffy,
What are "numpties"? Wifey and I are nuts about everything England and the Isles but we haven't run across numpties before. I know MD means managing director.

Always cool to see HD's over there and howthey attract attention in England!
ORIGINAL: Gaffy52

I did have problems with my local dealer but I dealt with it in my own way and now they are fantastic. As I've always said its not what you do that counts, its how you do it that's important. In my case I wrote to the MD of the controlling group of companies and listed all my issues and concerns and they very courteously and professionally dealt with them all. There are still a couple of numpties there - but I ignore them and interact with those who sem to value my custom!

Oh yes - I forgot to add that you need to remember you have a choice and sometimes you need to exercise that right and vote with your feet!

Quick Reply: Tell Me It Ain't So.................