General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Want to test your patience.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 08:35 AM
mulch63
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Want to test your patience.....

Now let me start by saying I love the fact that my wife rides. HOWEVER, she can drive me nuts. First off, its the woman VS machine thing. Both her bikes are carb and just when it seems she got it nailed on starting she goes brain dead.[]

Next off, I have trouble relaxing when we get into moving but heavy traffic. I ALWAYS tell her stay somewhat close. We are a bigger object on the road if you will. Well one minute I'll look in my mirror WOW there she is almost on top of me. Next time 12 car lengths behind[>:]. Or she'll be leading and the next thing I know she is going slower and slower until I just get p***** and pass her.[:@]

Again I have a great marriage and love her dearly. How can you stay mad at this babe?? Just venting and warning some of you. Be prepared, you may get more then you asked for.

jim

Old 05-14-2008, 09:09 AM
Skitzer
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Want to test your patience.....

At least you have a riding partner. Seriously, my wife likes to ride 2 up with me occassionally but more often thaa not I am alone.
I have been trying to talk her into getting a bike for years but she's just not interested in it.
Be very happy for what you have and cut her a little more slack

Old 05-14-2008, 09:32 AM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

How long has she been riding? My wife was like that for a short while (drove me back to smoking). Now I trust and enjoy riding with her more than most of the guys. She just rides better, gets into position and stays put. If somehting happens, I can take evasive action without having to wonder where she is...Give it time.....

Old 05-14-2008, 09:33 AM
mulch63
Road Master

I agree I need to cut slack. Sometimes I think its more worrying then anything. But sorry to hear your riding alone. I did plenty of that over the years and it got boring some days.

jim

Old 05-14-2008, 09:40 AM
irishviking
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My girl rides and she has her full endorsement. She passed the MSF/AMA class. However she still dont know how to really ride. Shes too scared to go out and ride on some days. If she dosent ride she dosent get any experience. AGGGGGHHHHHH I feel ya Mulch. If you get any great advise Ill pay attention too.

Old 05-14-2008, 09:50 AM
DGlide04
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

First of all, let me say you're a lucky guy to have a wife that rides. What caught me about your post was the quote "Both her bikes are carb" How many bikes does your wife have? I trust that you meant both of your bikes are carb'd. If not, how many bikes to you own?

Old 05-14-2008, 09:50 AM
RDKingRider
Extreme HDF Member

My wife rides her own and that was her in the beginning. She is great to ride with now. I still worry about her at times, but she does great.

Old 05-14-2008, 10:35 AM
brok02
Advanced

ORIGINAL: DGlide04

First of all, let me say you're a lucky guy to have a wife that rides. What caught me about your post was the quote "Both her bikes are carb" How many bikes does your wife have? I trust that you meant both of your bikes are carb'd. If not, how many bikes to you own?
If his bike is the one in the pic, unless he's worked some magic, it's not carbed (105th bike...all 08 models are FI, like mine). And to the point, I have a wife that doesn't ride either and is a handful as a passenger. She is getting better though and will over time, and I would assume the same for your OL.

Old 05-14-2008, 10:36 AM
Silvertip
Cruiser

My wife rides too, I love it. her first season I had to get used to going slow to keep her in my mirrors. so we got her a bigger bike. She likes it and can keep up just fine. I worry about her lots and always will, but I figure she has had a cage licence for a lot of years without any accidents so I figure all the other stuff will fall into place with experience. I didn't learn it all over night either.

Old 05-14-2008, 10:52 AM
jeffbarb17
Road Captain

Whether it's your wife or not, riding with others is usually a pain in the a**. We all ride differently and to find a riding partner that thinks and rides the same is near impossible.....

Life is Great....We all Ride!!!!!........by yourself is far more peaceful.....

[IMG]local://upfiles/48412/07A3978C8529434DAE67F0789D6D658D.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Want to test your patience.....