General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone know about the BPM MC

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 02:38 PM
AllenW
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

Best I remember, the Themadones were a seperate club, almost propected for them till I figured it wasn't what I really wanted.

BJB, enough winter for ya?
Putting a few mods on the bike, we'll have to go ride if summer ever comes.
Either that or we can try out the new Smooth Moves seats for the boat on Superior maybe

Al

Old 02-07-2013, 03:53 PM
indiablue
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't know any personally but there were about a dozen at the swap meet last month. A guy I know that's in another club went to Corkys funeral in Crystal. Sounds like some stand up guys but that doesn't mean anything just cuz I seen 'em.
saddletramp: p.s. Corky just passed recently

Old 02-07-2013, 06:25 PM
BJB
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by AllenW
Best I remember, the Themadones were a seperate club, almost propected for them till I figured it wasn't what I really wanted.

BJB, enough winter for ya?
Putting a few mods on the bike, we'll have to go ride if summer ever comes.
Either that or we can try out the new Smooth Moves seats for the boat on Superior maybe

Al

OH Yeah. Way too much winter for my old bones. I'll take you up on that riding deal.
I'll be working a turn around at the nuke in Monti starting in a week so I'll be busy but when I'm done... KACHING!!

Themadones are seperate from BPMs. Add in El Forestaros & Los Valentes & you have the old time clubs from around here. They all show up for the Donnie Smith show.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:03 PM
kizzletruck
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

First I will say this. The guys in the BPM's are a stand up bunch and have been around over 50 years. I have hung out with some of the original boys, and I don't know any of the members that won't go out of their way to help someone in need - but you better be a stand up person yourself. If you mouth off or are disrespectful, you better believe that there will be consequences - old fashioned type.

My former roommate's (and best friend for most my life) dad was the VP of the Anoka chapter up until just recently. I was at Corky's funeral, and that was a tough one. Corky was an awesome guy - but like anyone you either liked him, or you hated him. If you hated him, chances are you didn't know him.

I hang around the Anoka chapter's clubhouse frequently, and have had some great times there and everywhere when riding with the guys. I know most of the guys in the Anoka chapter. I'd be interested in being a part of the club if I had the time for it, but work and school are too big of a commitment right now.

Anyways, the club has 5 chapters: Anoka, St. Cloud, Duluth, Range, and New Prague. They had a bit of a rocky patch back in the 80's and the numbers were pretty low as far as club members. It has really been revived the last decade or so, and I'd be glad to say that I know a large amount of these guys. They are old fashioned, but I think that is a good thing. I just hope a lot of the younger members that are my age continue tradition and keep it old fashioned.

Anyways, if anyone wants to see more on the club, feel free to check out their website at http://www.bpmmc.com. I believe they are up to renew their domain name so you may have to check back in a while. Otherwise, like someone else stated, they will have a booth at the Donnie Smith show coming up this month. They always are selling T shirts, hoodies, hats, and bandanas. Remember to support your local MC!

Old 03-02-2013, 02:07 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

They forgot to pay for their web site. It's expired

Old 03-02-2013, 07:00 AM
karaokeman
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Geez a real bad *** MC without a website...what's this world coming to? LOL!

Old 03-02-2013, 07:21 AM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,063 Likes on 2,501 Posts

Beats Per Minute

Could be a Cardiac MD riding club

Old 03-02-2013, 09:09 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

Originally Posted by karaokeman
Geez a real bad *** MC without a website...what's this world coming to? LOL!
Exactly! You can't tell who's who without a website!

Old 12-20-2013, 03:13 AM
kristaswanson82
Stage I

My Unc was Corky who passed away in febuary losing his battle with cancer and like the one guy said you either hated him or loved him one or the other!! My unc was a great man and was in the bpmmc for years on years I've heard so many storys read storys and articles seen pictures been to plenty of the club family partys along with regular partys as well also been on runs with the club and they are a great bunch of guys that have hearts of gold but don't **** them off cause it can change in a second if had too!! I've always seen big groups and a lot of the guys but my uncs funeral was a blow out it was one of the hardest and most heartbreaking days of my life but all the love from the guys and there "ol ladys" was out of the ball park I'm proud to be corkys niece and also to have been able to meet hang out and be around the BPM MC they are GREAT!!!

Old 06-23-2015, 02:13 AM
grumbles
Stage III
Default Does anyone know about the BPM MC

My buddies nephew just got the cops called on him by a New Prague chapter member because he felt threatened, not to sure about this newer generation.

Last edited by grumbles; 06-23-2015 at 02:17 AM. Reason: additional info

Quick Reply: Does anyone know about the BPM MC