General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H-D Customer Service

Old 06-22-2008, 02:05 PM
falsealarm
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default H-D Customer Service

I have a pair of H-D sunglasses&nbsp\\; (MADE IN TAIWAN) that have developed 4 cracks.&nbsp\\; Just sent a letter and pic to H-D service to see if they would like to replace them for me.&nbsp\\; Looking forward to see if I get any response.&nbsp\\; Kind of a sarcastic letter from me.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; They charge a fortune for stuff made cheaply out of state. Kind of irratates me.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; Anyway, have a great day guys.

Old 06-22-2008, 02:12 PM
deadman77
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 88 Posts
Default RE: H-D Customer Service

You get back what you give.
Play nice and go back to the dealer you bought them from with the reciept.
You may be surprised.
MikeM
&nbsp\\;

Old 06-22-2008, 03:21 PM
UNCCHarley
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with deadman. If you were rude or sarcastic I doubt they will do anything. If you are respectful and polite you would be amazed at what some dealers or Harley will do. I dealt with Harley customer service myself and was always respectful and polite and got taken care of. My question is if you were a business owner or worked in customer service and got the letter you sent, would you HONESTLY do anything about it?

Just a thought

Old 06-22-2008, 03:23 PM
Cheese Head
Tourer

I have to agree with deadman.&nbsp\\; I had&nbsp\\;H-D glasses with the transition lenses&nbsp\\;and the ear piece snapped&nbsp\\;off.&nbsp\\; I had had them for about a year and just knew there was no warranty left on them.&nbsp\\; I was in the dealer one day and jsut mentioned it to them (I wasn't expecting them to do anything about it since I had them so long).&nbsp\\; However, they called me a couple of days later and told me they contacted the area rep and they would replace the glasses for me.

Old 06-22-2008, 03:26 PM
UNCCHarley
Road Master

My experience was I bought a $400 jacket and it was supposed to have a liner in it. It was a new jacket at the time, I didn't know. When I went back to the dealer, Pat Roger's Speedway Harley in Concord NC, the crooks refused to do anything but offered to sell me a liner! I told them to go to hell and walked out. I called Tilley HD in Statesville NC, where I bought my bike, and asked for the number to Harley to complain. Cindy who is the clothing manager asked why I needed it and I explained it to her. She took my number and called me back about an hour later and said Harley was sending them a brand new jacket and liner and apologized to me.

Amazing what happens when you are kind and respectful

Old 06-22-2008, 03:28 PM
Gaffy52
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gotta say I agree with the others - you need to start from a point where you got room to manuver from. If you're rude or sarcastic from the get go its like you've expended your clip all at once.&nbsp\\; I've always assumed the best and taken it from there - you've kinda lost the initiative now by being sarcastic.

Old 06-22-2008, 03:34 PM
Tinkermc
Outstanding HDF Member

sledgeb1 Tilleys is the best H~D I have ever been in bar none. I live outside Richmond, va traveling through Maggie Valley my bike broke down on a Monday. I called Tilleys they picked up my bike 60+ miles away. Then they repaired it and gave me a bill for $14. and change.&nbsp\\; I was charged 2/10ths of a hour for the repair and I ask about the tow, it's included. My next bike will come from Tilley's

Old 06-22-2008, 03:37 PM
UNCCHarley
Road Master

You are right Tinker, they are awesome. Bad thing is they are an hour from me and Speedway is 10 minutes. Know what, Tilley has all my business now because if you read these forums, no one ever says a good thing about Pat Roger's Harley because they are liars, conmen and crooks.

Old 06-22-2008, 04:01 PM
falsealarm
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You guys are right...........Didn't send the letter yet. (probably won't now)&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; Was just cought in a bad mood.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; thanks guys

Old 06-22-2008, 04:03 PM
UNCCHarley
Road Master

Where did you buy them? If you bought them from a dealer go back, you may be surprised. If not, try contacting Harley directly. I always say the worst that can happen is they say no

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: H-D Customer Service