General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\;\\;\\;\\;

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 08:06 AM
PWHOG
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default \\\\\\\\\\\\;\\;\\;\\;\\;

&nbsp\\;
I keep coming back now and again because the damed \\\\\\\\;\\;\\; is driving me insane and away from the forum and for weeks now posts keep saying they are looking at it !
&nbsp\\;
Good job the fixers are not surgeons in the hospital as they would have run out of bodies by now

Old 07-09-2008, 08:12 AM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\;\\ \\\\;

Man, if that's all you have to worry about in life, feel lucky. Why are you bitching? It's not like you can't still read it. You have to realise that some things are beyond the control of the owner/administration of a site like this.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:15 AM
grape ape
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; \\\\\\\\\\\\\\;

It's driving me nuts too!&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; It's irritating as hell and you can hardly read some posts.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;

Old 07-09-2008, 08:17 AM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; \\\\\\\\\\\\\\;

There's a trick to it. Only use one space between sentences, and do not double space between sentences or paragraphs. If you do that, all you'll have to worry about it the multiple ' marks.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:21 AM
grape ape
Tourer
Default RE: \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;

Thanks for the tip Danny. No wonder my posts had so many of those marks. I always use 2 spaces between sentences. Ok, so I'm giving it a try right now.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:24 AM
grape ape
Tourer
Default RE: \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;

Woo hoo!!&nbsp\\;That works! Now if I can just get out of the habit of using 2 spaces.