General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Zanotti Motors for parts?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 01:04 PM
TheBagger
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zanotti Motors for parts?

Anyone had any good experiences with Zanotti Motors when buying parts? I checked their online parts inventory list and all the parts I needed were in stock. So I placed an order with them only to find out via a email that the parts are not in inventory and my credit card has been charged.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; They say the will have to order my parts now...WTF?

If you need anything fast I would go somewhere else.

Their response is classic..
"we sell things so fast around here, we do not have the man power to keep our inventory online up to date."

Old 07-28-2008, 01:37 PM
ffdharley3
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Zanotti Motors for parts?

They did the very same thing to me.&nbsp\\; When I contacted them they said "Oh were sorry, you should have recv'd an email."&nbsp\\; The parts are ordered from HD.&nbsp\\; I think I will try SurDyke next time.

Old 07-28-2008, 01:42 PM
Mark98012
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have done a lot of business with them. I think what they do is take the order and then order from the factory. I have always gotten my stuff 7 to 10 days later. No big deal to me.
&nbsp\\;
MarkR

Old 07-28-2008, 01:49 PM
HarleyWood
Outstanding HDF Member

I've ordered from them several times. They are good folks, just kinda slow...figure six days for them to get your parts and then another four or more to get to you..

They do post this on the look up page..
"We don't stock all parts in price book, email if you need part in stock before ordering, otherwise we will email once we received order if in stock or not."

and they have always responded fast when I sent them an email. If an item is back ordered I will generally pass and look elsewhere.

If you want great service call Jenni at Tri-County HD in Fairfield, OH Phone: (513) 874-4343

Old 07-28-2008, 01:51 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Few places could maintain a full parts inventory.&nbsp\\; But Ive made&nbsp\\;numerous purchases and&nbsp\\;have always had&nbsp\\;the parts in a week or two.&nbsp\\; Zanottis has a good reputation on the board.

Old 07-28-2008, 01:53 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

You're right if you need something right away best to get it from dealer.&nbsp\\; But then again they don't maintain a very well stocked inventory either.

Old 07-28-2008, 01:53 PM
EVO80
Road Captain

My experience has always been extremely positive with Zanotti's - one of the few suppliers I can make that comment about.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; They've gone out of their way to help me in a pinch and have earned my business.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;

Old 07-28-2008, 02:01 PM
MCSarge
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 446 Likes on 309 Posts

Just ordered a couple of manuals for the new FXR and I placed the order on Saturday the 21st online and the books will be here tomorrow (7-29)acording to the ups tracking code they sent.&nbsp\\; I'm happy with their service.

Old 07-28-2008, 02:37 PM
thrillseeker
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just ordered a gasket from them that the three dealers in my area did not have.&nbsp\\; I used their chat feature to verify they had it in stock, and I placed the order with the gal in chat so I could get expidited shipping.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
Not the first time I have done business with them either.

Old 07-28-2008, 03:11 PM
DMJFatboy
Tourer

I am stationed in Germany so buying HD parts from the dealer is out of the question. Parts over here cost triple what they do in the states. I have ordered thousands of $ worth of parts from Zanotti with no problems. I have even returned parts with no issues and excellent customer service.

Quick Reply: Zanotti Motors for parts?