General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So my dad came over and I nearly choked him

Old 08-30-2008, 12:13 PM
pr_capone
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So my dad came over and I nearly choked him

I just got my bike back from the painters on Thursday. He comes over today to check out the bike and scratched the rear fender with a tool he was holding.

GDI

Tried to touch up the pain but it looks nothing like it did before.

*sigh*

Called the painter and described the scratch and he said I would prolly be better off just re-shooting the entire rear fender.

Just f00king great.

----------

edit: as posted later in this thread....

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/showp...9&postcount=17

"Meh... I'm over it. I was just pissed at the time and needed to vent.

Thanks for setting me straight guys. "

Last edited by pr_capone; 08-31-2008 at 02:46 AM.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:31 PM
dubblist
Tourer

Wow that really sucks, make him pay for it...lol, then again I could do that to my dad either

Old 08-30-2008, 12:50 PM
PastorTom
Elite HDF Member

My Dad used to hop on my bike and fire it up and take off down the road,, He was in his 70's when I bought Mama her Sporty..We go over and see him.. He jumps on her Sporty and does a burn out down the road and actually stood er up when he powered 2nd gear..Dad passed away 2 years ago April.. I woulda been proud to display any mark he left on my bike..
Blessings
PT

Old 08-30-2008, 12:59 PM
badinfluence63
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My dad is 75 and he still rides his 1989 Softail custom and keeps it meticulously maintained. Most of his friends have passed but he easily makes new ones.

We are going for a ride this Tuesday/Wednesday. He's been riding HD all his life and use to race on the gypsy tour. He don't go too far and usually trailers his rig to Daytona, Laconia,myrtle beach still. If he didn't have cell phone I wouldn't know where he is half the time.

Old 08-30-2008, 01:07 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I feel your pain. But I'd give anything to have my Dad back so he could scratch something. Died 2 years ago at 84. Rode Harley's a lot until the kids (I'm the youngest) started creating bills for him to pay. First motorcycle he bought me as a kid? Harley-Davidson 65cc.

Rest in Peace, Dad. I'll catch up to you some day.

Old 08-30-2008, 01:18 PM
vega823
Road Master

When $hit like this happens, it is easy to lose sight of the big picture and get angry, but milk gets spilled. Costs some cash, but stuff that is broke can be fixed. Those of us whose Dads are not around to scratch our paint are actually jealous of you.

Old 08-30-2008, 01:22 PM
EvEr34
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well said!

Originally Posted by PastorTom
My Dad used to hop on my bike and fire it up and take off down the road,, He was in his 70's when I bought Mama her Sporty..We go over and see him.. He jumps on her Sporty and does a burn out down the road and actually stood er up when he powered 2nd gear..Dad passed away 2 years ago April.. I woulda been proud to display any mark he left on my bike..
Blessings
PT

Old 08-30-2008, 01:22 PM
Mr Zip
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Blessings
PT

Amen to that. My dad taught me how to ride and bought me my first dirt bike when I was 11. He died 15 years ago. I miss the old man, you only get one.

Old 08-30-2008, 01:23 PM
BlueT
Advanced

Blessings
PT
I was thinking on the same order. Many folks out there don't even have a Dad around anymore. I can understand the frustration, but he didn't do it on purpose and accidents happen. Step back and look at the big picture - a paint scratch is something that can be fixed - not having a Dad in your life anymore is something that can't so don't sweat the small stuff.

Old 08-30-2008, 01:46 PM
Bossman1
Outstanding HDF Member

Dad died in 75 at 63 never rode but always cared!!! Miss ya!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: So my dad came over and I nearly choked him