General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone with a motorcycle table lift?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 10:18 AM
desertroamer
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need to get one of these so I can work on my dirtbike also. I think it will pay for itself. The direct lift looks like a good quality

Old 09-22-2008, 10:56 AM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sledge
Check out www.gregsmithequipment.com I love this lift and have had no trouble with it. Very high quality and heavy duty for the price. HOpe this helps.
Originally Posted by 100thRK
Another vote for Direct Lift. Mine is 5 years old and still works great. Would not be without one.

http://www.directlift.com/procycle.asp
I too have a direct lift, bought from Greg Smith Equipment, good service and price I asked and got a better deal than on the website, I researched them all and for the money you can't beat a direct lift,, I have the Pro XLT DT with the side boards, I use it all the time, makes a great work table too.

http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/Pr...-tpxlt-kit.htm

Old 09-22-2008, 11:29 AM
Endoz
1st Gear

My wife bought me a Ranger from Bendpak this summer, use it almost daily now to work on all my bikes. Its a great value and I am impressed with the quality.

https://www.rangerproducts.com/

I shopped around, it came with side extensions, wheel vise, front extension, ramps, basically everything you need to service a bike or quad or small tractor. I got the basic model, lifts up to 1200lbs (or was it 1400), is air powered, and will lift my RKC with no problem with very little (sub 100psi) air pressure.

The only complaint I have is that my harley catches on the ramp, just barely, but enough so that i have to put a piece of wood under it. But then the FLHRS's are lower than most.

Old 09-22-2008, 11:43 AM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 09-22-2008, 01:44 PM
Medicfrost
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

+1 Harbor Freight. I also replace the front wheel clamp with a better one. I paid around $175 for mine when it was on sale.

Old 09-22-2008, 05:41 PM
Ragtop
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,011 Likes on 576 Posts

Originally Posted by Sledge
Check out www.gregsmithequipment.com I love this lift and have had no trouble with it. Very high quality and heavy duty for the price. HOpe this helps.
I have one of those lifts, it has the side extensions on it, so it's great
for lawn tractors, 4 wheelers, etc. They also sell on Ebay.
It's the best money I have spent on my bikes!
I can work on the bike while sitting in my roll around reclining office
chair, how can you beat that? It's very heavy duty.
Also a safety note, MAKE SURE THERE ISN'T ANYTHING UNDER
THE LIFT WHEN YOU DROP IT! Don't ask me how I know about that??
I'll tell you anyway, I was dropping the lift, and had stepped away from the pedal, DO NOT STEP AWAY FROM THE PEDAL ONCE THE BIKE STARTS TO COME DOWN! There was a small roll away seat that had somehow found it's way just under one side of the lift. When I
stepped away from the pedal, it came down on the seat, and continued to come down on the free side. it came all the way down on that side while the left side was stuck on the seat! By then the
bike and table was almost at a 45, and I was stuck in between the bike and a set of cabinets there, so I couldn't get back to the pedal to stop it from coming down. All I could do was watch the bike and table tilt right over at me and jamming me right up against the cabinets!
I thought the thing was going to come over on me and pin me worse, but the lift held the bike that way, at a 45 degree angle, all the way down on the right side. GOOD thing I had it strapped down, or I
would have been pinned worse than I was! I only had straps on the front, and the rear of the bike was just hanging there, I still don't know how it stayed there, I thought the rear of the bike was going to swing right down at me!
I guess that says a lot for this lift, and not much for me using my brain...
I was surprised that the lift was able to tilt this way, from side to side, so be careful using these things!
Lesson learned, ALWAYS check the lift before dropping it down, and NEVER step away from the pedal once you start to drop it!
It crushed that little roll around seat pretty good, I should have taken a picture. I brought the lft right back up, I didn't think it was going to come back up, but it groaned a little, and brought the bike right back up to level again.
Peace
Rags

Last edited by Ragtop; 09-22-2008 at 05:46 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:31 AM
100thRK
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by rocknrod
Rod isn't that a Direct Lift just sold by Derek Weaver?

Old 09-23-2008, 07:51 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Ragtop,you brought up an old wound.The same thing happened to me with my new lift and new RK,except I had left a stool under mine.By the time I realized what was going on, it was too late.Bike was strapped down,everything went over into my SnapOn chest and box tipping it over onto a backhoe.The tool box took the worst of it.On the bike,the clutch lever,and mirror had to be replaced.I learned a valuable lesson,still,6 yrs later,I do a walk around.Always keep this in mind when operating your lifts with your pride and joys on board.And ALWAYS strap them down.

Old 09-23-2008, 08:04 AM
wood02
Intermediate

I bought one of these http://www.completehydraulic.com/tcml.html about a year ago. Rated for 1500 lbs., side extensions, and a service jack. It is a Chinese knock off of the Handy. I am still impressed with this lift.

Old 09-23-2008, 08:18 AM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by 100thRK
Rod isn't that a Direct Lift just sold by Derek Weaver?
I have never seen a direct lift. So I dont know.

Quick Reply: anyone with a motorcycle table lift?