General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

10 year financing

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 10:45 PM
Javawave
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1. Cars I do a 4 year max, if I cant I buy less Car. Bikes I do a 2 year Max. nothing hurts more than riding on or in something worth nothing and you still owe on it.

Old 10-26-2008, 11:00 PM
TowJam
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So let me get this straight... Harley is trying to sell bikes to people who really can't afford them by offering ridiculously "convenient" financing terms?

I guess the Moco hasn't learned anything from Freddie Mac or Fannie Mae.

Old 10-27-2008, 03:42 AM
Roadjunkie1
Banned

Originally Posted by BCGlide
This is a SAD situation.

Aarrrggghhh! What has become of this country? Are we just that dumb or simply don't care? Depressing.
It's called "Depression."

Some folks are gonna learn the hard way.

Old 10-27-2008, 06:52 AM
lonerider560
Advanced

+1 If more people would have thought this way when they bought their houses we wouldn't have the problems we have now.

Old 10-27-2008, 06:55 AM
lonerider560
Advanced

Originally Posted by madmikee
If you need 10 year financing, you have no business shopping for a Harley.
Look for one of those 150cc Chinese scooters for $995.00

Sorry, meant to add this to the post above

Old 10-27-2008, 03:02 PM
JacktheBagger
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by shoveldog
In the old days my folks grew up in and later and raised a family in, except for the home, if you didn't have the jack, you didn't buy it. Its coming back to that now folks, better get used to it.
In the long run is by far the best thing that can happen ..

Old 10-27-2008, 03:10 PM
dh2683
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'LL want a different scoot long before I can pay off a 10 year loan

Old 10-27-2008, 05:33 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Any more than 3 yrs and you shouldnt be considering it because you cant afford it.And in 10 yrs most new owners wouldnt want it by then.

Old 10-27-2008, 05:48 PM
traveler
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by shoveldog
32 years ago I was selling new Chevies. Believe me, there were plenty of people getting upside down on 5 year car payments even then. You think of all the things that have changed since; "easy terms" on cars and everything else, a boom of rent to own & check cashing businesses, using credit cards to order fast food for crying out loud. Frankly, out of control spending by the government & the private sector is what ails America & the world. In the old days my folks grew up in and later and raised a family in, except for the home, if you didn't have the jack, you didn't buy it. Its coming back to that now folks, better get used to it.
Actually, I use my credit card for buying food. Hell, I use it for EVERYTHING. Then, I pay the bill in full at the end of the month. What that has done is given me an A+++ rating. When you see someone use their credit card, don't assume that they don't know what they are doing. The way I do it, ensures that my credit report stays chocked full of positive reports, as it shows a CONSISTENT ability to pay ones debts.

You have to pay it in full every month. That way you incur ZERO interest payments. Treat it the same as rent/mortagage. It MUST be paid in full.

~Joe

Old 10-27-2008, 07:50 PM
shoveldog
Tourer

Originally Posted by traveler
Actually, I use my credit card for buying food. Hell, I use it for EVERYTHING. Then, I pay the bill in full at the end of the month. What that has done is given me an A+++ rating. When you see someone use their credit card, don't assume that they don't know what they are doing. The way I do it, ensures that my credit report stays chocked full of positive reports, as it shows a CONSISTENT ability to pay ones debts.

You have to pay it in full every month. That way you incur ZERO interest payments. Treat it the same as rent/mortagage. It MUST be paid in full.

~Joe
Nothing wrong with having good credit and using it, using plastic means you don't you don't need to carry a lot of cash. Paying the bill off every month is the way to go. That said, most folks these days don't operate that way, and far too many are in way over their heads. Not being critical, its easy enough to do.

Last edited by shoveldog; 10-27-2008 at 07:53 PM.

Quick Reply: 10 year financing