General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I would Have Liked to See This Go Down

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 03:45 PM
FastHoss
Elite HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Default I would Have Liked to See This Go Down

Wheelie-popping biker arrested in Modesto
By Rosalio Ahumada
rahumada@modbee.com

A man driving a motorcycle, who Modesto police said was speeding and popping a wheelie Saturday on Briggsmore Avenue, was arrested after a police officer on a motorcycle caught him and took him into custody with the help of passers-by and firefighters.

Craig Cardoza, 29, of Modesto was arrested on suspicion of exhibition of speed, resisting arrest and assault on a police officer, said Sgt. Brian Findlen, a Modesto police spokesman.

Findlen said the incident started about noon when officer Rommell Cuellar was parked along Briggsmore using a radar gun to catch speeders. He said Cuellar spotted Cardoza heading west on Briggsmore on his motorcycle with the front wheel in the air at 80 mph.

Cuellar followed Cardoza until he caught up with him at Briggsmore and Sisk Road. Findlen said Cuellar had his emergency lights on to make a traffic stop, and Cardoza appeared to attempt to flee.

The officer drove his police motorcycle alongside Cardoza, Findlen said, and Cuellar reached over and turned off the ignition on Cardoza's motorcycle.

Findlen said the officer then tried to apprehend Cardoza, but he resisted and the two men wrestled to the ground.

At some point during the brief struggle, Cuellar used a Taser gun on Cardoza. Findlen said it did not appear the Taser was effective, so the men continued to wrestle in the middle of the road.

Passers-by and Modesto firefighters helped the officer subdue Cardoza and take him into custody. No injuries were reported, Findlen said.

Old 02-05-2009, 03:52 PM
bcox
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

It would be nice to see. Sadly all the super bikers I see always get away with it, but let me "roll" through a stop sign on a back road and you would have thought I just robbed a bank.

Old 02-05-2009, 04:26 PM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bcox
It would be nice to see. Sadly all the super bikers I see always get away with it, but let me "roll" through a stop sign on a back road and you would have thought I just robbed a bank.
sad but majority of the time all too true

Old 02-05-2009, 04:53 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounded a little like the Octagon and some UFC.. I'd like to have seen the cop reach over and turn the bike off while riding? That takes some nuggets!