General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kuryakyn intake vs Screaming eagle

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 01:33 PM
VA Biker
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kuryakyn intake vs Screaming eagle

I cant decide between the Kuryakyn Hyper Charger and the Screaming eagle intake for my Fat Bob. I plan on getting a Fat Cat 2 into 1 in black. I really like the looks of the Kuryakyn and I dont think it will rub my leg as I ride ,Im not sure if the Screaming Eagle one will or not. I have forward controls and Im 6 even.

Any opinons on looks and functionality would be great. Thanks

BTW My Fat Bob is Black Denim

Old 06-11-2010, 02:04 PM
XL50#674
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

From what I hear the hyper charger is junk and does not flow worth a damn. Get the HD heavy breather or a Ness big sucker. The RSD intakes are sweet, but big bucks.

Old 06-11-2010, 02:22 PM
VA Biker
Tourer

I have heard that about the Kuryakyn intake too. I guess its true. So thats out . I like the HD Heavy Breather but Im concerned about how far out it sits. I guess I can go to a dealer and sit on a CVO Fat Bob. That should let me know right away.

Thanks for the input.

Old 06-11-2010, 02:53 PM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't waste your money on the HYPE rcharger. Checkout the Johnson Engine Technology.

Old 06-11-2010, 03:48 PM
rfwaters
Advanced

I have the SE heavy breather on my wide glide with forwards, im 6'1" and have no problem with it rubbing my leg. I think i actually gained clearance over the stock intake.

Old 06-11-2010, 03:50 PM
VA Biker
Tourer

Originally Posted by rfwaters
I have the SE heavy breather on my wide glide with forwards, im 6'1" and have no problem with it rubbing my leg. I think i actually gained clearance over the stock intake.
Thats good to know. I love those new wide glides . Yours looks really good with the SE heavy breather.

Thanks

Old 06-11-2010, 04:52 PM
Harleyrider_49
Road Master

They're both more for "show" than "go"......would do the Heavy Breather before the Hyp'r.......some have actually had a loss in HP/TQ w/ the heavy breather on a dyno.......accord'n to 1 reputable engine builder/head porter in another forum, metion'd that the Kury Hi 5 / Ness Big Sucker were the 2 best air flow'rs out there, don' know......mine's the stock SE breather that came on it, w/out the "box" in the back, Stage 1 (lay it beside a Ness BS, and can' tell the difference)

Old 06-11-2010, 05:12 PM
Bike-R-Mike
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put a Ness Big Sucker on my Sportster when I had it and it was great . I have put one on my Lowrider I have now and I have more knee room than with the stock setup . The Ness Big Sucker is VERY easy to install also .

Old 06-11-2010, 06:30 PM
meathead1134
Cruiser

I've go the hyper charger on my sportster, yeah it's more show than go. I get alot of looks and questions about it. I think it looks really kool so that's why I bought it. Some people like it some people don't. There is more than 1 way to customize a bike.

Old 06-11-2010, 08:39 PM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have the hyper-charger on my sporty and i noticed a considerable difference in power after putting it on. i don't know works for me, things like the kuryakyn hyper-charger being "more show than go" or whatever tend to be posted by one or two people and then take on a life of thier own and repeated by people who have never owned or used one.

Quick Reply: Kuryakyn intake vs Screaming eagle