General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mini Tach- Speedway Instruments- Great Service

Old 02-23-2009, 09:28 AM
semperfi211
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini Tach- Speedway Instruments- Great Service

I purchased a Mini Tach from www.speedwayinstruments.com I installed the Tach with the help of Justin on the phone. It worked great, then I did a stupid thing. I thought there was a protective covering over the display, so I started to peal it off. There is no protective covering. Just as I was pealing off the front of the display Justin called to see how the install went. I told him what I did, Justin said he would send me a new Tach.
It is one thing for a company to replace an item that is defective, but to repalce an item because you were stupid and screwed it up is above and beyond good service.
Thank You Justin

Below listed upgrades are comming in the brown truck from Fuel Moto today

Old 02-23-2009, 10:13 AM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why did the lens look like a protective cover? I haven't seen that brand of tach. I installed the HD speedo/tach combo to both of my bikes with some difficulty but it was worth the effort. They had a plastic film covering the lens that you peeled off but the lens looks like glass or lexan. No way to doubt that it is a lens. Still if they will replace it for free, that is cool.
Originally Posted by semperfi211
I purchased a Mini Tach from www.speedwayinstruments.com I installed the Tach with the help of Justin on the phone. It worked great, then I did a stupid thing. I thought there was a protective covering over the display, so I started to peal it off. There is no protective covering. Just as I was pealing off the front of the display Justin called to see how the install went. I told him what I did, Justin said he would send me a new Tach.
It is one thing for a company to replace an item that is defective, but to repalce an item because you were stupid and screwed it up is above and beyond good service.
Thank You Justin

Below listed upgrades are comming in the brown truck from Fuel Moto today