General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Warranty "Tire and Wheel Coverage"

Old 04-08-2009, 04:52 PM
ranman469
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

every 10ooo miles drive over something sharp.

Old 04-08-2009, 05:29 PM
TerryFXST
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by n4toc
I have the tire and wheel protection on my RK. I "picked up" an automotive trim screw in my rear tire at 13,000 miles with 4/32" tread remaining. I took it to my local dealer, not my selling dealer, they replaced the tire at no charge. I'm pretty sure something will happen to my front tire before it is worn out...
This story, when coupled with your signature (John 3:16)...well, I'm not sure how to say what it makes me feel. Let it suffice to say that you probably ought to rethink one of those positions, because they are not compatible.

Last edited by TerryFXST; 04-08-2009 at 05:30 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-08-2009, 05:34 PM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TerryFXST
This story, when coupled with your signature (John 3:16)...well, I'm not sure how to say what it makes me feel. Let it suffice to say that you probably ought to rethink one of those positions, because they are not compatible.
I am not a religious man but I am just to damn honest to pull crap like that....

Old 04-08-2009, 06:02 PM
Gutman
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What morons. Most post on here are jawjackers. Most don't even represent the terms of the contract. For the guy pissed because they put a tube in it is exactly what they are supposed to do unless the tires integrity is at stake. You payed $200.00 for a roadside tire damage coverage. This also covers wheels, spokes hubs and bearing failures. I am sure you will incure the $200.00 dollars if used "smartly." The wheel and tire coverage is good at ALL H-D dealers, so even if you have to move alot, it is still good. If you think a dealer doesn't want to deal with the company, they are easy to deal with. They have a number that you can initialize a claim yourself. This is the one coverage that is worth the investment. Use it to your advantage like n4toc said. Screw are easy to find and install when the time comes. this warranty has NO DEDUCTIBLE.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:36 PM
Ironhand
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadKingRon1
I am not a religious man but I am just to damn honest to pull crap like that....
like you i am not a religious man. When i read post like some of these i can see why there is sometimes a problem with warrenty work that is denied....too many are too damn false to begin with

Old 04-08-2009, 07:47 PM
TOMMAY
Stellar HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I think it's great coverage. Had a rear wheel out of round,complete new assembly,no charge. Bent a front rim,complete new assembly including new tire,no charge. I had just purchased a new tire,but they replaced the tire anyway,just in case the tire bead was damaged when I bent the rim and they let me have my old (new) tire. So my replacement tire is waiting.

I know there are those who say extended warranties are a rip off,but I don't agree. I put a ton of miles on my bike and I like the peace of mind.

Good Luck

Tom

Old 04-08-2009, 08:28 PM
ChromeJunkie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,785 Likes on 1,670 Posts

My question is...Will they only replace with OEM Dunlops or will they replace with whats on the bike say Avon or Metzeler? I have the coverage, but am running Avons. Seems like no one knows, including dealers.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:47 PM
jason628
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Greetings,

I haven't and won't buy a bike without tire and wheel coverage. I've never had to pay for a motorcycle tire! It's more than paid for itself numerous times.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:05 PM
ButtMan1000
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Much For All The Replies,

What pisses me off is that I did not even know I bought the Tire and Wheel Package along with the Extended Warranty from Harley,

I purchased the used bike from a dealer in Ohio, they were fantastic, but the Finance guy was obviously not,

Around December of this past winter I planned on removing the rear tire and purchasing a new one. I read a post on this forum that seemed to indicate that the Tire and Wheel package would pay for the replacement of a worn tire, The post prior seems to confirm that,

Out of curiosity, to find out more, I pulled my contract and found out then that I had the Tire package also,

I talked to my dealer and they gave me the scoop on just what the package covered, but I wanted confirmation from members here also,

I have driven the Road Glide 9,000 miles last year without an incident with the tires or wheels, but do have a rear tire needing replacement for wear,

PS, the tire in my original post was taken just off a highway on a crotch rocket driven by a woman,

She was stranded alone on the side of the road, and I, being a "True Biker", stopped to offer assistance,

Someone was coming to trailer the bike, and I waited till they arrived,

She was driving the bike with the cord showing, from Ohio to Pittsburgh, PA to have a new tire installed!!!

She did not make it, D'OH!!

The woman did say that many bikes had passed her as she was sitting by the side of the road, and not one stopped to help till I arrived,

A sad commentary,

Last edited by ButtMan1000; 04-08-2009 at 09:08 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:33 PM
Wecroft
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Tire and wheel coverage does not cover normal wear. It only covers damage from road hazards.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Harley Warranty "Tire and Wheel Coverage"