General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3rd time's a charm at Seminole Harley!! Sweet.

Old 04-28-2009, 01:13 AM
Da Butcher
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 3rd time's a charm at Seminole Harley!! Sweet.

Sometimes you gotta simply throw a big thumbs up when somebody does you right. My salesman, and the folks at Seminole Harley in Sanford Florida not only did me right on my first bike purchase from them a few weeks ago, they took care of us with our recent purchases this past weekend. My salesman earned the right to mention him by name here not merely because of the deal's he worked for us, but more importantly, the manner in which he treats his customers. Imagine, a salesperson that follows through with everything he says AND treats you with respect. A gentleman in the field of sales, a rare bird. This dude gets my referrals, hands down.
Mike Binder of Seminole H-D, hats off to you my friend!

After riding the '09 Touring platform back in the Demo Days of '08, I had an itch for an '09. I had to find a way to scratch it. The itch, that is. I got rid of a LOT of stuff, sold other bikes and whatnot. Tried to buy local, but got the typical BS sales s%^t and off hunting I went. I wanted a new police bike and ultimately found one at Seminole. That sale went sooo smooth with my trade and purchase. I could tell my girl wanted a Street Glide a little sooner than she originally thought. Though she loved her Softail Deluxe, she could see the possible advantages of being able to tour with me without having to stop so frequently for gas as well as the other obvious advantages. After some deep thought, I opted to take the plunge with her and get rid of a rare bike I had if we could do a trade-two and buy-two deal and wind up with something we both would want to keep for many years. I called Mike up once again and started a deal. Sparing the boring details, but sharing the results, we came to a price agreement that worked for both parties. Mere days later Mike did as he said, a trait of his, and made things work for us so that I got what I was looking for and more importantly my girl got EXACTLY what she was longing for. What did we get? In order, they were;
1st bike - '09 FLHTP in solid Black
2nd bike - '09 FLHX in Big Purple Flake
3rd bike - '09 FLTR in Red Hot Sunglow

Got rid of? Ducati Monster, Triumph Daytona, '04 FLHRSI, '06 FLSTNI, '02 Ducati MH900e and a WHOLE bunch of other stuff that helped it happen. Good riddens and welcome to our Harley only garage I say. Hell, even the damn Bulldog has to have his Harley collar to keep him in check! Good dog.

So, how pleased are we with Seminole? Ask the service guys (Troy, Nick & Steve) if the guy that rides 500 miles round trip for oil changes is for real. In fact, we're heading up this weekend just for a quick oil change and we'll be back in a couple weeks or so when our parts are in to get them installed and to get our 1K service done. I don't give hardy kudos to just anybody. These guys earned it.

I'm now glad my local dealers were nothing but pinheads. It forced me to seek alternatives and man did we find a pleasant change.

Seminole HD, you have a couple of happy customers out here. Keep it up.

Da Butcher

Old 04-28-2009, 02:01 AM
chuck2000RK
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i cant believe you got rid of the MH900E. That is a sweet *** bike.

Old 04-28-2009, 06:09 AM
rydermike
Road Warrior

I've been quoted some great prices there , just a shame I c an't afford to buy a several bikes at a time!

Old 04-28-2009, 06:32 AM
faber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

They made money; you spent money and got rid of your sport bikes.

As long as your happy.

Old 04-28-2009, 07:11 AM
kickstart pan
Road Master
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Da Butcher
1st bike - '09 FLHTP in solid Black
2nd bike - '09 FLHX in Big Purple Flake
3rd bike - '09 FLTR in Red Hot Sunglow

Got rid of? Ducati Monster, Triumph Daytona, '04 FLHRSI, '06 FLSTNI, '02 Ducati MH900e
earned it.

Da Butcher
I am very curious as to why you want 2 -09 baggers (either one of which is a great choice)as opposed to one of the Duc's and 1 bagger for your self ?
Nice bike for the girl BTW

Also and you from North or South of seminole HD ?

Old 04-28-2009, 10:05 AM
Slowpoke84
Road Captain

Nice choice on the Road Glide. I'd love to also have a police bike to fix up. You gotta love that air ride seat! And 103ci.

Old 04-28-2009, 12:03 PM
DoomBuggy
Road Master

Man when you scratch an itch you don't mess around!

Old 04-28-2009, 01:07 PM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 334 Likes on 203 Posts

I'm telling you, those '09 baggers will make you do crazy things! I'm considering selling my '07 BMW 328i coupe...

Old 04-28-2009, 01:28 PM
cdestuck
Supporter

Received 211 Likes on 101 Posts

Any chance tat guy wants to move to PA?

Old 04-29-2009, 12:53 AM
Da Butcher
Road Captain

"chuck2000RK i cant believe you got rid of the MH900E. That is a sweet *** bike." Did it for personal reasons. Family member didn't live long enough to buy it from me. AND, the Ducati stealerships around here (2) are the biggest bunch of thieves, must be buddies with Rossmeyer!

"faber They made money; you spent money and got rid of your sport bikes.

As long as your happy."
Of course they did. They'd go out of business if they didn't and I'd have to deal with BS the local dealer dishes out. Besides, the price (and service) differences between my local stealer and Seminole were so vast as to be beyond compare. I've been in sales. I know a guy has to make a buck, I just don't like the raping going on at most dealers. So, when a dealer can squash the competition and STILL make a buck, good on them. When I knew I had a potentially good customer on my hands that I knew I'd make money on later by way of repeat business to my service department, I'd often let a deal go through with little or break-even profit because I'd have a loyal customer. Yeah, we got burned once or twice, but the repeats more than offset them. If I met you at a bar and told you just what my police bike cost me, you'd understand my satisfaction! ;^)

"kickstart pan" As for the Duc, read above. Why the two baggers? I wanted the police bike for the skills work, my daily do-all ride, and to be a bit of a low budget project bike. Not shoddy, cheap *** looking project, just one of those how-nice-can-you-make-it while spending absolute minimal bucks. As for my girl's bike? Yeah, that purple flake is a looker. We all know how well our baggers handle, regardless of year, so I told her a while back once she rides a touring platform, she'll never want to go back to a Softail. She thought otherwise, that is until she rode one and even more so now that she owns one. It's her first bagger. When the rest of her parts come in and they're installed, I'll post a couple pics. Oh, and 'south' of Seminole BTW.

"Slowpoke84 Nice choice on the Road Glide. I'd love to also have a police bike to fix up. You gotta love that air ride seat! And 103ci." Thanks, I think so too. I had planned on only an Ultra, but two things lead me to where I'm at now. One, after getting an offer to be on the Drill Team I learned some of these guys will bang them up a bit during practice. I thought damn, I'd hate to buy a new decked out Ultra only to have some guy "tap" me or worse, me "tap" them. It is by no means an uncommon event. I know me, that would distract me to the point of making mistakes. Probably. Second, functionally, the Road Glide IS a better ride out on the road. I never cared for them in the past until I rode one during last year's Demo Days. Couldn't believe the difference in ride quality. Also, for those with police bike knowledge, there's a LOT of the Ultra stuff on the bike already that the Electra Glide Standard (which the bike is based on) doesn't have. So, with a TourPak (detachable please), a set of lowers (detachable) and a big poofy Ultra seat for 'those' occasions, and the average person will never spot the difference. Can't get any more multi-purpose than that I guess. For daily use, I just received my Danny gray seat and even though that air seat is REALLY comfy out on the road, around town I feel I sit too high and I still find it odd for my size. I already feel cramped behind the batwing bikes and the cop seat puts you higher up and quite a bit forward. And I'm not a big guy by any stretch. So, the RG will likely be my touring rig while the "P" bike will be daily fun ride. And yes, that 103 is icing on the cake. Still surprised at how sweet the 103 is considering it's a choked up modest motor.

Thanks,
Da Butcher

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 3rd time's a charm at Seminole Harley!! Sweet.