General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boots made in USA

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 12:53 AM
steveokla
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Boots made in USA

I'm sold on Cruiserworks...

Old 05-08-2006, 04:49 AM
thebigbuckster
Advanced

i will only wear whites boots...they are the best made best looking most comfy boot out there..plus theyre made in good ol usa ....do yourself a huge favor and check em out i wear the smokejumper lace to toe. they are a little pricey but worth every cent. youll never buy another boot again...i guarranty it....whites! if you live by a workbootwarehouse theyll have em, or go to whites boots....good luck

Old 05-08-2006, 10:48 AM
TampaJim
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The last pair of Cruiserworks boots I got (2 Years ago) were made in the USA.

But ownership changed last year so now who knows??

Old 05-08-2006, 12:53 PM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

The HD boots I have are made in China, and they are the most uncomfortable things I have ever had on my feet plus they have run over at the heel.

I just got a pair of Cruiserworks boots made in Canada. These things are comfortable, light, they look good, and they are guaranteed waterproof. I haven't tried it yet, but I think I could actually do a lot of walking in them and be comfortable.

Regards,

Bill

Old 05-08-2006, 01:53 PM
SC_Compact
Road Warrior
Received 429 Likes on 176 Posts

Chippewa's for me.

Made in the USA, comfortable right out of the box.

1st Quality Price: $154.95
Blem Price: $119.95

Boots USA

Old 05-08-2006, 04:54 PM
WillyHD
Road Master

ORIGINAL: HarleyWood

ORIGINAL: JRFLHR

I recently bought a pair of Red Wing boots for riding(not the engineer)and I love them.Some friends have other boots and say they don't like to walk to far in them.What good is that!These Red Wings are comfortable.IMO
Thats what i wanted to avoid, I've also heard and read where folks have boots they like for riding but were uncomfortable to walk in..

I think these Justins will work out well, Ive had them on most of the day and they feel comfortable even though they are new.
I have a pair of Justin lacers that I wear and they are extremely comfortable to walk and ride in. Only downfall is that they are cowboy boots, so the soles are pretty slick. I may get them resoled soon.

Old 05-08-2006, 05:14 PM
Branded
Road Master

ORIGINAL: bay13

I just bought a pair of Red Wing boots and the salesman told me that this is the last of the made in the USA batch, they are switching to China.

I emailed Red Wing as to the facts to this and heres thier response:

Hi Dave,
All Red Wing work shoes branded with the classic winged Red Wing Shoe logo carry the Made in USA label. We have three US plants: one in Minnesota, one in Kentucky and one in Missouri that manufacture our Red Wing branded work shoe products. We're very proud of our American work force and the craftsmanship they bring to the wearers of our work boots. We've been making work footwear since 1905 in the USA. Currently 98% of all footwear worn in the United States is manufactured off-shore. Red Wing Shoe Company is doing everything possible to continue manufacturing our work boot products with a U.S. work force.

We do have 5 other branded footwear product groups that are not manufactured in America. They are as follows; Irish Setter hunting boots, Vasque outdoor trail shoes, WORX work footwear, Red Wings casual shoes ( style numbers that start with 4) and our Motorcycle Boot styles. All of these products are designed by Red Wing Shoe Company in our U.S. based design center then manufactured in China.

Sincerely,
Matt Streiff
Red Wing Brands of America
1-800-733-9464
matt.streiff@redwingshoe.com

Old 05-09-2006, 12:19 AM
myzen
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wesco boots here, made in the USA www.westcoastshoe.com click on rugged recreational boots.

Old 05-09-2006, 02:29 AM
firestar99
Cruiser

The killer part is that HD only paid around $50.00 to have that jacket made. Talk about a HUGH mark up. I think Hd is a little to proud of there stuff, but as long as people buy it for those obsurd prices they will keep selling them. Guys check all of there stuff they don't make to much here in the US of A . Even there electical harness's are farmed out to japan companies, as is 30 percent of the rest of the bike.

Old 05-09-2006, 04:40 AM
The HalfBreed
Road Master

Cruiserworks are still made in the good ol US of A (north of the border, CANADA)
http://www.cruiserworks.com/

Quick Reply: Boots made in USA