General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Top Down Product's side license plate mount

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 10:32 PM
C. Numb
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Top Down Product's side license plate mount

Anyone ever deal with these people before? I need a side license plate mount, and I like the idea of being able to easily flip it horizontally or vertically. I've never even heard of this company before today and I dont want to spend the money if it is a piece of garbage, gimmick that breaks after 2 weeks.

If anyone has one of these, I would really appreciate a review.

Thanks.

Old 05-22-2009, 02:43 PM
Dennis@TopDownProducts
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,
My name is Dennis Sauro and I'm from Top Down Products. I would like to tell you this is no gimmick, and this is a top quality product. Yes, our name is new and I can tell you don't judge us on that fact alone. You will start to see us more and more as we start to build our visibility in the biker communities. We are a design and engineering developing company with a focus on Motorcycle parts and accessories. Our development pipeline is big and long...you will be seeing more and more from us in the months to come.

I personally designed this product and my background is in high end product design. I've been a Design Engineer in various industries for the last 22 years and know what works and what does not. Quality and customer satisfaction is of utmost important to Top Down Products. This is an awesome product! We will stand behind all of our products 100%! The Roto-Plate is a solid design and construction made from CNC Machined 6061 AL, all made in the USA, no crap metal parts here! If you need referrals I would be more than happy to supply them to you.

If you buy the product and are not 100% satisfied, we will give you a full refund. I can tell you now, you will be wowed by the great looks, quality and slick design. Remember go to our website www.topdownpro.com and use the contact form to request references, we are more than happy to provide whatever you need to feel comfortable with the product and us.

By the way, if that is your Crossbone in the pic, we have been selling to other Cross Bones owners in all Flat Black, looks amazing! All you need is a Roto-Plate (Flat Black) and the 24mm Axle Kit (Flat Black).

Dennis
Dennis.Sauro@TopDownPro.com

Attached Thumbnails Top Down Product's side license plate mount-roto-plate-press-release.jpg   Top Down Product's side license plate mount-dscn3145.jpg   Top Down Product's side license plate mount-dscn3146.jpg  

Last edited by Dennis@TopDownProducts; 05-22-2009 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Added info.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:02 PM
frankjake
Road Master

From the pictures it looks like a quality product. I wouldn't mind having one.

Old 05-22-2009, 04:31 PM
Dennis@TopDownProducts
Former Sponsor

I may be a little biased, but the picture does it no justice. Everyone who see it in person is noticeably wowed! We are very proud of what we can offer.

Dennis

Old 05-22-2009, 05:55 PM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,935 Likes on 1,919 Posts

Looks like a killer product to me. Too bad it's a bit out of my price range right now. Dennis, nice design work there. Sponsor to sponsor, you have done a fine job. If you ever want to get your product out for show in SoCal let me know and I'll stick it on my bike. Once again, hats off to a sweet design.

Old 05-22-2009, 06:02 PM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor

How would you mount this directly to the swing arm of a softail? Do you make a bracket?

Old 05-22-2009, 06:47 PM
Dennis@TopDownProducts
Former Sponsor

Well, here's the beauty of the product, the base Roto-Plate utilizes a universal mount. Then we sell optional mounting kits that will fit on virtually any HD from 1979 to present.

For any Softail, you would buy the Axle Nut Kit. Depending on the model year (see website compatibility chart) you would buy the 24mm Kit or the 5/8 Kit. As a matter of fact, this is true for the Dyna as well. Again, look at the chart, there are alternate mouting options for most bikes.

Anyway, what you would do is, replace the stock axle nut with ours, then attach the axle adapter that also comes with the axle kit. Then the Roto-Plate bolts right on. Now your ready for the wiring...

Below is the picture from our website www.topdownpro.com showing the axle nut kit on a Roto-Plate.

Attached Thumbnails Top Down Product's side license plate mount-roto-plate-axle-mount.jpg  
Old 05-22-2009, 06:48 PM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor

Thanks for the clarification. Sweet setup there. Got my gears turning, that is for sure.

Old 05-22-2009, 11:02 PM
C. Numb
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dennis@TopDownProducts
Hi,
My name is Dennis Sauro and I'm from Top Down Products. I would like to tell you this is no gimmick, and this is a top quality product. Yes, our name is new and I can tell you don't judge us on that fact alone. You will start to see us more and more as we start to build our visibility in the biker communities. We are a design and engineering developing company with a focus on Motorcycle parts and accessories. Our development pipeline is big and long...you will be seeing more and more from us in the months to come.

I personally designed this product and my background is in high end product design. I've been a Design Engineer in various industries for the last 22 years and know what works and what does not. Quality and customer satisfaction is of utmost important to Top Down Products. This is an awesome product! We will stand behind all of our products 100%! The Roto-Plate is a solid design and construction made from CNC Machined 6061 AL, all made in the USA, no crap metal parts here! If you need referrals I would be more than happy to supply them to you.

If you buy the product and are not 100% satisfied, we will give you a full refund. I can tell you now, you will be wowed by the great looks, quality and slick design. Remember go to our website www.topdownpro.com and use the contact form to request references, we are more than happy to provide whatever you need to feel comfortable with the product and us.

By the way, if that is your Crossbone in the pic, we have been selling to other Cross Bones owners in all Flat Black, looks amazing! All you need is a Roto-Plate (Flat Black) and the 24mm Axle Kit (Flat Black).

Dennis
Dennis.Sauro@TopDownPro.com
Thank you. I certainly wasn't trying to imply that your product was a gimmick. It certainly looks like it is good quality. But you are an unknown to me, and I have found this website to be an invaluable resource for getting the scoop on products that other people have bought. Some people have had problems with some brands of side plate mounts breaking off, so I wanted to be sure.
When I get my bike back from the shop I will definitely consider the flat black mount. Since my original post, I have been in an accident, so I am not sure when that will be.

Last edited by C. Numb; 05-24-2009 at 08:40 PM.
Old 05-23-2009, 07:05 AM
Dennis@TopDownProducts
Former Sponsor

No problem, I can understand your perspective.

Sorry to hear about the accident, that does suck! Hope everything is good with you and the bike is as good as new. If you have any questions or need help in getting your bike setup for a Roto-Plate, give me a shout.

Also, if you have a need for something real custom, we have all the capabilities and resources to develop concepts, design (all 3D CAD), prototype and fabricate for you. As we say "Your idea or ours, we make them a reality!"

Last edited by Dennis@TopDownProducts; 05-23-2009 at 07:05 AM. Reason: typo

Quick Reply: Top Down Product's side license plate mount