General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

100 Cubic Inch

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 08:35 PM
Tmorral
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://cart.rrcycles.com/index.php?m...products_id=19

That's the Link, but it doesn't specify much...

I guess I'm just going to stick with Stage III.

Will that Stage III upgrade be very notable?

Thank's All...

Old 05-23-2009, 11:56 PM
OrangeTJ
Cruiser
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

The link appears to show a kit for an evo big twin, not a Sportster engine.

Old 05-24-2009, 01:18 AM
cbigbie191
Road Master

Buy another bike.

Old 05-24-2009, 01:33 AM
ernofsteel007
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dude your lucky you ran this across a forum before wasting $$$ on a kit that WILL NOT FIT PERIOD!!!!! try out zippers website they gotta 100ci tall cylinder kit that'll cost the USAs annual GDP and frame mod. look bro i love sportster too but your talking huge $$$ and if your after sportster HP gains cost 2 the wind then go to RB racings website and get their turbo conversion it'll cost similar to the zippers 100ci kit except put you in the 200hp minimum range and keep you a 1200. remember bro your trading longevity n reliability for extreme HP on a already super light bike so you better be a highly skilled rider.

Old 05-24-2009, 07:30 AM
Hammer107
Road Master

Originally Posted by Tmorral
Thanks Guy's

I want to punch out some speed on my Bike.

Do you guy's think it's possible to put this on a Sportster 1200C?

113" Performance Package
Starting at: $3,225.00
The 107" and the 113" engines have notably become two of the most popular engines on the market. We offer a Billet head performance package for both these engines that really KICK ***!

Package Includes:
R&R Billet Heads, cam, ignition, single fire coil, piston rings, and all the necessary gaskets and hardware to complete the job thoroughly.
They already told you it wasn't.

You sound like a new rider....if you are then learn to listen to these guys. A Sportster with a 90ci engine built right, will scare the **** out of you.

If you need to go faster than that then you bought the wrong kind of bike, you need an import cafe style bike.

Why the sudden need for speed? Trust me I get it, but you sound like something is motivating this.

Old 05-24-2009, 09:17 AM
Tmorral
Stage IV

Hammer,

I'm not a new rider but I don't know sh... about engines or mechanical terminology.

Why more speed? I like speed but at the same time I like HD.

I'll call my bike "Japanese Killer"

Thanks for your replies guy's.

Be safe...

Old 05-24-2009, 10:56 AM
faber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You didn't even mention if you did Stage I yet.

Instead of going for bigger displacement, go for better use of what you've got.

Start with a fuel adder/EFI race tuner. Then exhaust and air cleaner. Then cams, heads (Buells are the way to go on this engine). You'd be surprised what all that will do.

Or.....if you want power more than you want the Sporty, trade it in for a Super Glide. That's the lightest Big Twin. You can get those big kits you cited earlier in the thread (103ci, 110ci, etc.) and then do your exhaust, race tuner, a/c, heads, cams......that would be a beast.

Old 05-24-2009, 04:51 PM
Relayer1974
Advanced

I'm not trying to start a flame war with this comment.

If your purpose is to out-run Japanese sport bikes, you should consider adapting a sport engine to your bike. Maybe a full Buell Thunderstorm 1203cc upgrade or something more drastic like a Honda RC51 engine.

My personal opinion is that a Harley is not made to outrun a Japanese bike. It's made to put a bigger smile on the rider's face. If you have issues with speed, get a supersport as your second bike and smoke everything on the road when you get the urge. Then get back on your Sportie and enjoy the open road now and again.

Old 05-24-2009, 05:22 PM
ernofsteel007
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dude remember even if a cube van had 1000hp its not gonna take a 400hp porsche. them crotch rockets are designed forward slope nose down an riders gotta basically lay on them cuz theyre built for speed bro. HD are built as cruisers for just that reason cruising try laying back on forward controls at 150+mph, THATS NOT GONNA HAPPEN!! go get a buell 1125 stock u'll destroy em all, slap a turbo kit on and even the hayabusas wont compete and you'll do that for WAY LESS than spending over $30grand on a new hayabusa bro

Old 05-26-2009, 12:36 PM
OrangeTJ
Cruiser
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Nothing wrong with trying to make a Harley faster but it's probably wise to keep in mind that virtually no matter what you do (short of going full drag bike), you're not likely to be able to beat a stock liter class sportbike in any kind of race. A 600 supersport will probably walk away once across the first 1/10th mile as well. They're built for speed, pure and simple. A sportbike can't out-Harley a Harley and a Harley really can't out-sportbike a sportbike. The Harley is more fun, though, even if it is slower!

A Buell 1125 would put you in the hunt with many sportbikes and realistically have more speed than can be put to use outside of a track environment. Something like a Hayabusa or ZX14 will still kill it, though.

Also, not sure where the $30k for a Hayabusa came from, but they're more like $12K.

Quick Reply: 100 Cubic Inch