General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cruzer Roll Bag

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 11:01 AM
Fastfwd
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Cruzer Roll Bag

http://www.users.qwest.net/~swanmana...rRollBags.html

Got mine in this week and thought I would share my thoughts....Seems fairly well made. You know the materials in one of these bags couldn't cost very much, but I don't have the talent to sew it all together - so, I pretty much have to pay somebody to do that for me...... at least this one is a chunk of change cheaper than the Biker's Friend.

My only complaint so far is that it should have a handle like the Biker's Friend. I don't personally care about the pockets being left off. I’m not interested in using it as a backrest either. I think you pretty much have to have a sissy bar to prop it up against to do that. I wouldn’t be pushing on it with the straps tied off to my turn signals.

I'll be interested to see how much stuff I can pack into it. Looks a bit roomier than my Harley bag that barely holds two days worth of clothes and toiletries. I’m hoping to take a four day weekend trip this weekend and use it.

I’ll update this post with my findings in how it functions for me…. so far it seems like a decent deal for somebody looking for a solo rack bag. I haven’t found a really terrific selection of bags designed for use on solo racks. This one is perfect!

I took a bunch of pics….digital is cheap:

Old 05-20-2009, 04:33 PM
hollowpoint
Elite HDF Member

Thanks for the review. The more we know....
That looks like a pretty good roll bag, but all interested parties should compare it to the "Saddlemen™ Deluxe Roll Bag". I just recieved one from JP Cycles at the "Everyday Low Price of $64.99". (Part #: ZZ83420) I'm amazed at the quality & versatility. It is obviously luggage designed by a biker. Do not let the cost fool you; it appears to be very well designed & constructed. I'm anxious to unpack it in Laconia!

Old 05-20-2009, 04:53 PM
Fastfwd
Road Warrior

Yeah, it looks like you’ve got a fine bag there….it just seems like most of those style of bags (T-Bags especially) are designed for use with a sissy bar and don’t look as though they play well with a solo rack only. Not really setup with mounting points to secure them on a solo rack. Yours may be different.

If I didn’t know that Biker Friend was getting $250 for their bag I wouldn’t have likely paid $155 for this one….I would have liked for this one to be a bit bigger – more the size of the Biker Friend’s XL. This one about equates to their medium bag that they sell for around $230. Which to me is just astronomical for what you get.

I have a Harley brand roll bag that wasn’t cheap, but it looks good. It’s just a bit small for carrying more than a couple changes of clothes and a tooth brush.

I felt like I couldn’t do without the Cruzer Bag for my trip down to ROT rally in Austin coming up. I’ve got about 12 dozen beads that I’m going to need a little extra room for in my luggage. LOL

Old 05-20-2009, 05:14 PM
Softail07
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats a really nice bag, I was wondering were you got the fender rack ?
thanks

Old 05-20-2009, 05:18 PM
Fastfwd
Road Warrior

It’s a Harley part……I actually got it from this board for $100 off retail tho. Got the bike and the first thing I did was come here and see it for sale and snatched it up. They run about $200 from a dealer + the mounting hardware. You can use the mounting hardware for detachable sideplates if that’s any consolation on the extra $$$$$.