General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will NEVER deal with Demon's Cycle from Florida again

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 08:55 AM
Tbyrd
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will NEVER deal with Demon's Cycle from Florida again

Just a rant and a heads up. A few months ago, I ordered a new set of handlebars from this company. It took me a while to get around to putting them on and I just realized that the holes for the internal wiring are in the wrong place for stock HD controls.

Here are the bars I ordered. http://www.demonscycle.com/Shop/Cont...id/0/SFV/31995

You will notice that they are advertised to fit "All Harley-Davidson motorcycles and Custom Application" and that they "Come with oversized drilled wiring holes to accomodate any internal wiring."

Realizing that this is an error on the website I sent an email which said:

Hi,

I ordered a set of your black drag bars for my harley a few months back and just have gotten around to installing them. I have run into a problem in that the holes drilled for the wiring do not line up with the stock harley controls on my fat bob. Is it possible to exchange the bars for a new set that are milled to fit the stock harley hand controls?

Thanks
I got a response that simply said "what year hd it fits all bikes from 1950 - 2006"

I then sent another email that said:
Thanks for your quick response. My bike is a 2008 fatbob. The website says they will fit all HDs, do you carry another set that will properly fit my bike? Thanks, Rob
Demon's Cycle's next response "sorry no"

My last email to them was:
So your website is wrong and causes me to order a set of bars I can't use and I am screwed? You adverise that they are for all HDs I should not be stuck with bars I can't use
They have not responded to that email nor do I think they will. Luckily my local shop will likely be able to modify the bars so I can use them, but this is just about the worst customer service I have ever experienced.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:59 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Send them another email with a link to this thread and see if they respond.......I'm guessing they will.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:04 AM
Tbyrd
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by petemac
Send them another email with a link to this thread and see if they respond.......I'm guessing they will.
I was planning on doing that after a few responses hehe.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:04 AM
PiedPiper
Road Captain
Received 70 Likes on 49 Posts

sorry for you troubles. I almost ordered bars from them last year too but then decided to google their company name and found a ton of bad press on them. I ordered my bars elsewhere.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:05 AM
scottwilliamson
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

You don't state how long you have been waiting since your last e-mail? Is it bad customer service or are you just now impatiant to get something done? If they don't make it right rais hell, but lets make sure they are not going to make it right first.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:16 AM
coltsfan
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default p

Originally Posted by Tbyrd
I was planning on doing that after a few responses hehe.
I was looking at them the other day because they have bobber rolling chasis, frame, front end and wheels for $1200, which would make a cheap rebuild for a wrecked bike. (the economy has me thinking about worst case here lately). Anyway with those kind of prices you would have to suspect quality and fitting.

I think that for the money they have prices that I could make work if I had to, but I'd have my eyes open going in.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:31 AM
tda69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

You ordered from a company called DEMON CYCLES and you're surprised they're not helpful? You should call them and ask to speak to Satan, the Manager. Don't be surprised if he tells you to go to hell though.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:27 AM
grimm
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by petemac
they won't. if they do, they aren't likely to help you. they are notorious for horrible customer service. ya shoulda done a search here efore buying from them. there are numerous threads where many people chimed in about their dealings with them.

good luck

grimm

Old 07-08-2009, 10:55 AM
GoodKnight
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for posting this. I was about to order some things from them, but now I'll look elsewhere.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:03 AM
TequilaJohn
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by grimm
they won't. if they do, they aren't likely to help you. they are notorious for horrible customer service. ya shoulda done a search here efore buying from them. there are numerous threads where many people chimed in about their dealings with them.

good luck

grimm
Yeah, I also remember readin several complaints 'bout 'em in this forum. Like coltsfan posted, I thought they had some decent deals on frames 'n such...but, backed off when I read the complaints. Hope the OP gets some kinda satisfaction...just sucks that so many businesses do this kinda crap these days. I grew up in smalltown USA, and if ya did this kinda thing to even a handfull of people...ya might as well shutter yer doors.

Quick Reply: Will NEVER deal with Demon's Cycle from Florida again