General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Phantom Biker pics on Mt Washington

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 04:54 PM
Domestic Violence
Stellar HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Phantom Biker pics on Mt Washington

About a month ago, some friends/family and i rode from Phila to Laconia for bike week. While there, we rode up Mt Washington- my second time and it was just as exciting as the first!

anyway, when we reached the top, a girl was handing out small cards for 'phantombiker.com'. basically, there are cameras placed on the road and photos are taken. the pics are then posted on that site for riders to purchase. you search for your photo based on dated links on the site.

after we got home, i ordered my photo and another for my bro in law for his bday. theyre not cheap at ~$25 for each 8X10 photo... no frame.

anyway- i eventually receive the package with the photos.... and a 3rd photo of a guy i dont know. so i send an email to phantombiker telling them that i received someones photo in my order and i would like to send it back to them (via self addressed stamped envelope of course) so the dude can get his picture. i get an almost immediate response from them thanking me for the notification and asking me to reply with the image number printed on the back, which i did.

a few days go by and i didnt hear anything from them, so i sent another email.

about a week goes by... nothing still.

so i went to their site and it looks like theyve stopped adding links to for people to buy their pics... very strange as appears as though theyve dropped off the internet/face of the planet.

anyone know whats up with them?

Old 07-19-2009, 07:13 PM
Maxcustody
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Probably a scam, that's why they disappeared!!

Old 07-19-2009, 08:43 PM
Domestic Violence
Stellar HDF Member

not a scam... they have camera equipment set up on the mountain.

i also received both of the pics i ordered.

Old 07-19-2009, 09:00 PM
NHFree1
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My father in law had ordered one of him. Don't think he got his yet, but I also don't know when he ordered it.

Old 07-19-2009, 09:01 PM
NHFree1
Intermediate

I just tried the website and it appears to be working. Maybe it was a fluke when you tried and it didn't.

Old 07-20-2009, 03:05 PM
wjvins
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by NHFree1
I just tried the website and it appears to be working. Maybe it was a fluke when you tried and it didn't.
Don't know about the website, but rode Mt. Washington during Laconia Week. Just got our picture and it is awesome. Ordered the large one and it really emphasises the mountain background. Lifetime picture of our ride to top of Mr. Washington.

Walt

Old 07-20-2009, 04:47 PM
Domestic Violence
Stellar HDF Member

yes, the site is 'working' but the last link to photos is June 21st.

there should be daily links

Old 04-08-2011, 03:50 PM
Little.Lady.
Stage I

I'm the girl from the top of the mountain that was handing out the card and all. and the thing with the business is it only happens a couple weeks in june on the top of mount washington thats why nothing new was posted.. I'll be working again starting June 11th. It's not a scam i promise. the photographers name is Stuart

Old 04-08-2011, 05:53 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

Wow, little lady, how did you find this old thread?

We came across a similar situation in Spearfish Canyon this past year during Sturgis week. It took me hours to sort through pics to find ours, but it was worth it! I also found pics of several of the other people we stayed with.

Attached Thumbnails Phantom Biker pics on Mt Washington-spearfish-canyon-3.jpg  
Old 06-12-2011, 05:19 PM
j1mbo
Stage III

Little.Lady
I need to disagree. Back in 2006 i was in Sturgis, and saw the phanton biker sign there. I got home and pulled up the web site and couldnt find any photos from sturgis 2006. I'll be looking for him on Mt Washington this week, maybe this time there WILL be pictures to look at. It really was a dissapointment. I dont think i ever saw links to photos on the web site.

Quick Reply: Phantom Biker pics on Mt Washington