General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with finding a cane holder

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 12:05 PM
rodnock
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ribitt
Go to a hardware store get one of the broom clips and mount it to the front fork. It will be out of the way and easy access for you.
damn good idea!

Old 07-21-2009, 02:08 PM
michaelm
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used a folding cane. Easily adjustable length. Folds to about 12" and easily fit in saddlebag or bungeed to the seat/rack.
$30 at houseofcanes.com, but your local medical supply store may have them too.

Old 01-10-2010, 04:26 PM
BUDHEVY
Stage IV

Originally Posted by tom walls
i'm disabled & am looking for a cane holder to put on my 2004 fat boy. Can anyone help me or know where i can find someone that make them?
Please i need one asap!
hello tom
i see you were looking for a walking cain holder for your fat boy and i may have what you need i am a leather crafter and i am disabled too and had to come up with a way i could put my cain on my bike which is a hertage and i come up with a way. I use a fold up cain and i made a holder that i mount on the handle bars but can be mounted just about anywhere you like. Like on the hiway bars,the saddle bag gards, or any bars you like. I have sold them to boat owners and bike owners. And i don't Charge but $40.00 bucks for the plan ones plus s&h if you would like one just let me know and we will see what we can do. AND OH YEA THEY WORK LIKE A HOLSTER THAT STRAPS ON THE BARS WITH TWO BELTS I WISH I COULD SHOW SOME PIC. BUT I CAN'T DOWN LOAD THEM.

Last edited by BUDHEVY; 01-10-2010 at 04:34 PM. Reason: LEFT SOMETHING OUT
Old 01-10-2010, 04:51 PM
Dragan
Tourer

+1 on the handlebar mounting. I use a collapsable cane, and just set it between the front of the speedo, behind the windshield and a velcro strap to the top windshield bracket. Doesn't move at all, and isn't any wider than the windshield. Budhevy, if you figure out how to post a photo of your rig, I'd be interested in seeing it too!

Old 01-10-2010, 04:56 PM
POPS87FXR
Tourer

I just bungee mine to the handle bars

Old 01-10-2010, 05:13 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

depends on what kinda look your going after. i have a cane as well and if i am going on a long trip my Dr. insists i bring/ use it, i have found a broom clip works good or if you want something a little fancier, maybe having something liek this made

i relize its for a rifle but it could be easily adapted to hold a cane and could be attached to your frotn forks.

i dont know why HD or the HD aftermarket hasnt devoloped somethign specific for canes as of yet, considerign it seems that the majority of new HD buyers are older and more likely to need a cane, or at least the guys HD seems to be trying to sell there bikes too.
also in case it makes any differnce i had a large collapasable baton that i carried on a belt seath that worked good as a cane most of the time if i needed one and it was easy to transport

Old 01-10-2010, 05:21 PM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

my dad used to use an old west rifle Scabbard on his ultra now he has a road glide and sometimes still straps it to the back seat and also carries a fold up cane in his hard bags.

Old 01-10-2010, 05:33 PM
Ole Coyote
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Medifrost: That is friggin' awesome. I don't think you would get away with that in NYS.
I'll wait until I get my sidecar and hide it there. But, again that is awesome. It makes my little .380 just jealous

Old 01-11-2010, 10:55 AM
Ribitt
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

I have an Ultra and this is what I did. may give you some help. Remember lots of drinking and staring in the garage. Stainless steel fishing pole holder and stainless clip.

Attached Thumbnails Help with finding a cane holder-photo-0047.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
tar_snake (05-05-2023)
Old 01-11-2010, 12:45 PM
CroK
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

deleted cuz the ad at bottom of page was causing me to see something that wasn't true...

Last edited by CroK; 01-11-2010 at 12:48 PM.

Quick Reply: Help with finding a cane holder