General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dumped my bike last night-feel like an idiot

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 08:40 AM
Ace07FXDL
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Dumped my bike last night-feel like an idiot

My wife and I were out last night having a few beers(mistake#1) and after a few too many we went to another bar and short story is I pulled in sideways into the lot which was inclined. Stopped the bike and put the stand down which was facing up the incline. That was all good, then I tried putting my right foot down and where I thought there was ground there wasn't and down we went. We both got bruised elbows, my ankle is sprained pretty good from trying like hell to keep the bike up and my thigh is bruised up pretty good from having the bike come down on my leg a bit though the crash bars helped alot. Thank God my wife is alright except for the bruised elbow. I can live with something happening to myself due to my stupidity but if my beloved wife was ever hurt due to my fault I could not accept that. The bike is kinda OK. bottom of the right bag scraped a bit, bag latch scratched, corner of the tour pak and one latch on it scratched. crash bar ofcourse and thats it. I just emailed with my painter and she said to send the right bag and tour pak back and she'll make them right again. I'll post some pics later after I wash the bike today and get a full assessment on damage. So yea, I'm an idiot for doing this and hope to save another my fate with this post. I used to think it was BS when I heard there were two kinds of bikers, those who have dropped there bike and those who will. I said i'll never drop my bike. Well I did.

Old 09-04-2009, 09:01 AM
DSnoopy
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you're okay, and glad you know what you did wrong. Anything you can learn from is good.

Old 09-04-2009, 09:06 AM
FunkyNova66
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

**** happens and then hopefully you learn. Don't sweat it and chalk it off as a lesson learned.

Old 09-04-2009, 09:32 AM
DMas
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everybody drops it. Glad things weren't too bad. Dumped my lowrider twice in less than a year and got a nice scar on my right leg from the pipes. Yeah, felt like a real dumba$$...

Old 09-04-2009, 09:38 AM
justjohn
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Its just a matter of time, everyone drops. I never drop my bike, means I am not telling or I have not dropped it yet.

Gald you are OK

Old 09-04-2009, 09:43 AM
badlandr
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bikes can be fixed or replaced you guys are a different sorry
You should feel relived maybe that's what it took to wake you up and keep something worst from happening.
It's just life enjoy it'd be boring if everything went perfect!

Old 09-04-2009, 09:50 AM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 968 Likes on 731 Posts

Never happened to me (I'm lying). Thankfully you and your wife were only slightly hurt.
The one thing I learned from my experience was how not to do it again. It is scary when you instinctively go to do something and it isn't what usually happens. Hey, I saw a guy pull up to a stop and not put any feet down. Of course, he fell down.

Old 09-04-2009, 09:58 AM
Foley
Cruiser

There are tow types of riders. You've crossed over! Nothing you can do about it besides get it fixed and learn. Just when you think it will never happen to you is when it does.

Old 09-04-2009, 10:05 AM
chromedome
Road Master

Beer...is there anything it can't do?

Old 09-04-2009, 10:17 AM
MetalSpike
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Welcome to the wooops club. Glad your both ok.

Quick Reply: Dumped my bike last night-feel like an idiot