General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-17-2015, 06:12 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Issue: What is wrong with RevTech engines?

RevTech engines are appealing to some because of their price. Many members have reported issues with the engines and steer many people clear of them.

Read Below to find out:
-What issues people are having with RevTech engines
-What engine to buy instead of RevTech
-What issues other engines have
Print Wikipost

What is wrong with RevTech engines?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 10:55 AM
REW13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 763 Likes on 631 Posts

Interesting read here... Lot of good information all around..

Thanks

Old 01-24-2017, 11:33 AM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,388 Likes on 2,952 Posts

Originally Posted by Revtech125
. Me I just love going fast..faster than my angle can fly..peace all and be safe.
Don't get me wrong, I like going fast too. But not on the street. I use the track for FAST. For instance, I'll be at Fontana's Auto Club Speedway on Friday. Full AMA course. 21 turns in 2.3 miles. Front straight speeds of 160+ are every minute and 40 seconds. Back chute is almost a buck forty, then hard on the brakes for T12. Come on out and show me how fast your "125" is. I'd like to see it perform. Does it turn? Chicks dig it? I get that. What's your "0-150-0" time? Yeah, that's what I figured...

BTW- your angel can fly faster... ðŸ

The following users liked this post:
crazytown (01-24-2017)
Old 01-24-2017, 12:48 PM
panheadache
Road Master
Received 648 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by Revtech125
I understand that a lot of harley riders like to keep things stock for resale value! I like to go fast! I'm 57 and love smonin these young punks..it's all about speed! The only people that even notice that it's a revtech125 are people that are really into Harleys..I get just as many lady's compliment my bike if not more than my friends. Oh yea buddy just spent 28 grand on a stage 3 Milwaukee 8..You know what beat him too..True die hard Harley owners want to keep everything stock. That's there prerogative. Me I just love going fast..faster than my angle can fly..peace all and be safe.
57 - you young whippersnapper LOL. You made it to 57 why don't you take Pappy's advice and back off your speed-death wish.

Old 01-24-2017, 01:09 PM
Revtech125
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ
Don't get me wrong, I like going fast too. But not on the street. I use the track for FAST. For instance, I'll be at Fontana's Auto Club Speedway on Friday. Full AMA course. 21 turns in 2.3 miles. Front straight speeds of 160+ are every minute and 40 seconds. Back chute is almost a buck forty, then hard on the brakes for T12. Come on out and show me how fast your "125" is. I'd like to see it perform. Does it turn? Chicks dig it? I get that. What's your "0-150-0" time? Yeah, that's what I figured...

only straight brother! No harley dressed is going 160 anytime On any turn. I got 140 On a 5 Mile straightaway and speed wobble..it had more for a 5 speed but had to wait for my Angel to catch up...that wobble is scary gotta ride it out no brakes and ease off the throttle real slow...I would hope a sport bike could beat a dresser..or a bobber I'm 6'5" weigh 250 I'm too dann big to even fit on a sport bike..I Reyes but my legs don't bend that much..my bike is all custom for my long legs..tell you what you get a dresser and see what you can do! Lol that's what I thought..😎

Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ

Originally Posted by panheadache
57 - you young whippersnapper LOL. You made it to 57 why don't you take Pappy's advice and back off your speed-death wish.
I only do it on straight open freeways never on the street..someone else might get hurt! And I look at it this way I hit something going over 120 and I have nothing to worry about..I'll be racing my Angel to the heavens above. Thank you for your concern..peace and be safe😎

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 08-12-2018 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Multiple posts
Old 01-24-2017, 02:43 PM
YeOldeStonecat
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,155 Likes on 1,511 Posts

Originally Posted by dickey
I would not use ANYTHING but a Harley motor & here's why: If you need say, a wristpin, woodruff key,injector,oil pump,gasket, or some other part for your motor, you KNOW the MOCO is gonna come through. If th dealer ain't got the part, they'll get in in a couple days. Where ya gonna get the part for some aftermarket motor, without trying to find it online somewhere? With the CO, you know what you got parts wise. And you know most techs are familiar with it.
Harley ONLY for me.
I have more local Indy shops within a 25 mile radius of my house than Harley stealerships. So I have a much higher chance of getting a part from either/any of those shops with a quick drive, for likely much less money too.

Riders who also wrench their own bikes...usually know of these Indy shops. Those who take their garage queens to the stealership for oil and spark plug changes....don't know of those shops.

Old 01-24-2017, 04:55 PM
Carlos G Godfrog
Road Captain
Received 169 Likes on 98 Posts

The biggest problem with ALL (except JIM'S) aftermarket Twin Cam motors, is that HD will not license the "B" cases. Can you say Betamax vs VHS ? How did that work out for SONY ?

Old 12-24-2017, 10:15 PM
Prot
Club Member

Received 14,178 Likes on 6,218 Posts

Originally Posted by VS Custom Cycles
Rev-Tech is overseas manufactured porous cheap poured engine castings and other components that are basically JUNK and very inferior in quality and longevity .It's made in Korea,its actual Quality & longevity are NON-EXISTENT and the engines are basically just not worth ANY $ at all . STAY Far Away from them . Save your hard earned $$$$ for ANY S&S Engine and you'll be miles and smiles ahead .
You are replying to a thread that was last replied to in January 2017 and was originated September 8, 2009.

Last edited by Prot; 12-24-2017 at 10:37 PM.
Old 12-25-2017, 11:30 PM
Hurricane 68
Road Captain
Received 112 Likes on 95 Posts
Default Yep you sure did

Originally Posted by VS Custom Cycles
Yeah but YOU read it MERRY CHRISTMAS
Touché Wild Bill. Ha gotta love this. Happy Holidays all.

Last edited by Hurricane 68; 09-29-2018 at 10:04 PM.
Old 08-03-2018, 02:21 PM
Iedhunter21b
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All well and good

I had been saving for about a year to buy an HD slim s when I came across a 2002 big bear down and dirty rigid. I've been riding crotch rockets for about 10 years (because they are cheap) and finally had enough money to put a vtwin in my garage. So I snatched up the big bear about a year ago with only 1500 miles on it. I didnt know anything about revtech I'd never heard of them but it made the right noises when I twisted the throttle so I forked over my hard earned money. ( it's a santee rigid frame with revtech 100 motor 6 spd trans and bdl 3 in open primary and it gets like a gsxr running from an ex wife. The bike sat for half a decade so I needed a fork service. Ok no problem then i put on 3k in a week and busted the sprocket off the rear hub?????? So new wheel new tire new sprocket new brake rotor new belt hell while your at it let's replace the clutch pack and the drive belt they were worn too. New air cleaner new plugs new air filter new plug wires and she was ready to go. Now I purchased this bike from a dealer and was wondering what was taking so damn long to get my title. Come to find out it's a salvage title. Well **** the dealer gave me back a grand hey thanks alot bud. And I currently have 10k on my revtech haven't had one issue with the motor itself or the trans like I said I didnt know any better and now I'm trying to sell this beasty for about 4500 so I can finally get that slim s but the salvage title probably means I'll be buried with it

Old 08-03-2018, 02:42 PM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,388 Likes on 2,952 Posts

Originally Posted by Iedhunter21b
I had been saving for about a year to buy an HD slim s when I came across a 2002 big bear down and dirty rigid....]
Shoulda started a new thread...

Last edited by NORTY FLATZ; 08-03-2018 at 03:14 PM.

Quick Reply: What is wrong with RevTech engines?