General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Waterproof Boots

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 08:13 PM
pdb
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Waterproof Boots

Sorry about another boot thread but I am interested specifically in waterproof boots....I am planning to buy a pair. I am considering the HD FXRG boots with Gore-Tex or the HD Lynx boots with HydroGuard waterproof membrane. Anyone have experience with these boots? I have also considered Cruiserworks boots but am concerned about how the company has changed manufacturers several times and haven't had boots available for sale for several months. I like the look of the River Road Boulevard boots. Anyone wear these? Any other suggestions? I would like to hold the cost down to around $200. I appreciate it.

Old 02-15-2011, 08:27 PM
deadhawg
Stellar HDF Member

Received 1,728 Likes on 666 Posts

I have no experiance with the brands you mention, but I have had a pair of SIDI waterproof boots for several years. They make several different styles. The ones I have are great! Completely waterproof, but breathable. I have ridden in heavy rain several times and feet stayed completely dry. And, unlike some other "biker" boots I have worn, they are actually very comfortable for walking too. When these wear out, I will buy another pair just like them. They were around $200 if I remember right.

Old 02-15-2011, 08:33 PM
nutter
Cruiser

i wear my reguler work boot timberland pro series sprayed them with waterproofing stuff , betweene work and rideing feet havent got wet once

Old 02-15-2011, 08:50 PM
Postal Trucker
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I have the HD Boot Gaiters used them over my H-H western boots (not waterproof) in downpours and they worked great, even gripping the road at stops.

I now have a pair of Justin work boots that have Gortex and are extremely comfortable when standing or walking. Have not had these in the rain yet, but feel they will do a good job.

Old 02-15-2011, 09:03 PM
gus4440
Road Captain
Received 63 Likes on 25 Posts

I have been wearing a Wellington style boot made by Georgia Boot for years now. I don't know the model but they are waterproof and comfortable to walk in. They cost about $140

Old 02-15-2011, 09:07 PM
pdb
Intermediate

deadhawg, I have a friend with SIDI boots and I understand that they are some of the best ones out there. I am a bit on the conservative side and don't care for the SIDI look (I think of it as a "sport bike look" and I ride a RK Classic).

Old 02-15-2011, 10:31 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i have some redhead ranchers i got at bass pro shops for about $100. guaranteed waterproof-very comfortable.

Old 02-15-2011, 10:41 PM
DDuess
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the SIDI brand too Canyon is the style, wanted the On Rode, but weren't in stock in my size, waterproof, lug soled, don't look "sport-bike", and comfy to walk in as well. Wore them as my only shoes on a 5 week trip, including plenty of rain, no complaints. I would like to add that they are armored to protect you to unlike a lot of non-biker, but equally waterproof (and cheaper) boots you might consider.

Last edited by DDuess; 02-16-2011 at 05:25 PM. Reason: add a thought...
Old 02-15-2011, 11:39 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 54 Posts

Sidi On Road Goretex but they are $325. I don't have them but have heard all good about them.

After the last time I nearly drowned in a two day gulley washer I bought some HD gaiters. So far they work perfectly. It has not rained on me while riding since I bought them.

Old 02-15-2011, 11:41 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by deadhawg
I have no experiance with the brands you mention, but I have had a pair of SIDI waterproof boots for several years. They make several different styles. The ones I have are great! Completely waterproof, but breathable. I have ridden in heavy rain several times and feet stayed completely dry. And, unlike some other "biker" boots I have worn, they are actually very comfortable for walking too. When these wear out, I will buy another pair just like them. They were around $200 if I remember right.
I have been wearing these same boots for 10 years. they are extremely comfortable. They will keep your feet dry. Not inexpensive, but well worth it. Here is a link to the boots I wear.
http://www.derbycycles.com/cgi-bin/e...x.cgi?pid=3527

Drew

Quick Reply: Waterproof Boots