General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What A Piece of Junk

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 03:33 AM
dgator66
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: What A Piece of Junk

ORIGINAL: The HalfBreed

Like it was mentioned earlier, all bike makers have lemon bikes out there, none excluded.

For those that say you should be 'there', or on "this or that forum" or "fill in the blank" they just don't get it. Children usually don't.

You have every right to be here, and they should show some compassion towards your unfortunate situation. I do. I'm just sorry you had to go thru that sort of mess, and I hope your problems are resolved in short order. Most bikes don't exhibit these problems when new. I think you just got one of 'THOSE" bikes. Make Harley stand up behind their product. !

Hope things work out for ya....

See everybody! We let halfbreed stay, and he rides a wing. Hey breed, you obviously watch southpark. We are gonna change your name to 'Token", cause you are our token wing rider. See how politically correct and compassionate we are, haha.

Old 06-17-2006, 11:42 AM
springer_
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: BluegrassBuck

mrghos - I think you are wrong - even if you said it in fun. A person should be able to ride a bike off the show room floor and the only expense should gas, oil, and tires. Maybe you are made of money but many of us are not.

He is not talking about a stock bike. I agree that you should be able to ride a STOCK bike off the show room floor as mentioned. Once you have a dealer take it all apart and modify it with performance race parts, all bets are off. On top off that it sounds like the dealer did poor work as mentioned the AC was falling off after a service. The problem doesn't ly with HD. You are complaining about HD when you should be complaining about the DEALERS abilities or at least the lack thereof with a specific mechanic.

Old 06-17-2006, 11:48 AM
Branded
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Springer, I believe you hit the nail on the head. Sounds like all the problems with the bike started with the mods the dealer has done.

Old 06-17-2006, 11:59 AM
One Terrific Hog
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You know years ago when I was in college I worked for awhile in a Men's store in Atlanta. Now we had a tailor there named "Swartzee", and if he if kept getting a "futz" returning a suit well old "Swartzee" would start muttering "Damn futz's" while he sewed in a horsehair cotch.

Now I'm not sayin that could happen, but I think if you keep bringing that thing back in there and aren't real sweet to him.....well just to be safe I run my hand over the seat before I got back on it again.

And if you is a Futz well I wouldn't worry too much cause I bet the dealers probably don't read this forum.

I would add that my springer had every frigging thing you could do by a dealer done on it and damn it rides goooood.

No Futz Wilbur

Old 06-17-2006, 12:26 PM
The HalfBreed
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: dgator66
See everybody! We let halfbreed stay, and he rides a wing. Hey breed, you obviously watch southpark. We are gonna change your name to 'Token", cause you are our token wing rider. See how politically correct and compassionate we are, haha.

Well, that's new one.....I've been called much worse !

Old 06-17-2006, 12:29 PM
solorider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Exactly,****** & Topper did this a while back..................this is just a little payback.Their just here to stir,& some of you got stirred
Yeah, this may be true, but....

OPJ has gotten a lot of good advice from a bunch of sincere folks here on the forum. If the intent was to troll, stir, and get us riled up, he has failed for the most part and probably is disappointed with the outcome. I prefer taking the chance that this is legit and trying to help the guy out.

Just an opinion...

Old 06-17-2006, 01:08 PM
BlueDeuce
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats not true. Not taking sides here but I came off a YZFR1 (my third bike first two jap cruisers)
I rode my share of wheelies but never ragged my bike. Washed it often and chaged oil every 2k miles. When I traded her in on my Deuce she still looked showroom new w/18k miles on her. The Harley dealer gave me 5k trade in value. Blue book was 5900.00.

I still have buddies that ride crotch rockets and heaven forbid but I let them ride with me. Nothing confuses a rider more than to see a few harleys and a few rice rockets coming at them. Do I wave or not????

ORIGINAL: cjmilez

JUST A QUESTION~~>DID YOU OWN A CROTCH ROCKET IN YOUR PAST LIFE?? I'm asking because around here, they always rag out there bikes!!??
ANOTHER QUESTION~~>DO YOU LIVE IN THE HOOD? Because maybe there are some trolls out there messing with your bike (wires hanging out, cracked this, loose that...??)
EITHER WAY, IF YOU PLAN ON GETTING ON THE HARLEY AGAIN, YOU MAY WANT TO GO OUT AND APOLOGIZE TO HER AND TELL HER YOUR SORRY FOR TALKING SH*T ON HER AND HER HERITAGE...WOULDN'T WANT HER TO GET PISSED WITH YOU ON THE ROAD AND LET YA HAVE IT......YIKES!!! LOL

Old 06-17-2006, 02:04 PM
Crazy Canuck
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like a trouble maker to me. Please, how could so many
things go wrong on any brand of motorcycle...

Crazy Canuck[sm=smokin.gif]

Old 06-17-2006, 02:18 PM
campdreamer47
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Troll,,Troll,Troll,Troll[sm=bustedsign.gif]....did I mention he/she is trying to bait us nice Harley folk. His/Her mommy/daddy didn't trun off the computer last night. By the way he/she must have got the wrong color because the Smokey Gold and Vivid Black ones work good too. If by some chance the poor Harley Owner is telling the truth [sm=imsorry.gif] then please take your bike back and get another color. No I didn't read through all the posts so I may have missed his/her humble apology to us nice harley loving folk. I must go out to the garage now and make sure my "Piece of junk" Harley as not fallen apart overnigh because I hate having to put it back together after every ride.

In Reply to that harley Loving want to be you take care now.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2324/9596CF5A953449F0A49150D61838A9C5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-17-2006, 03:01 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Crazy Canuck

Sounds like a trouble maker to me. Please, how could so many
things go wrong on any brand of motorcycle...

Crazy Canuck[sm=smokin.gif]
That's an easy one...Poor quality workmanship on the dealerships part.

Quick Reply: What A Piece of Junk