General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Zeppelin Seat report and sale

Old 09-15-2009, 09:24 AM
luahu
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Zeppelin Seat report and sale

Just wanted to comment on my expierence with new Air Zeppelin Seat. I went off the deep end and purchased the Leather $899 version. I have only put on about 50 miles so far and this is my opinion.... It most certainly makes it a little difficult to touch the ground. I used to sit almost flat footed on my stock 2005 ultra and with this new seat there is so much padding and more seat around the inner thighs that it makes me now touch tippy toed on both sides. It feels even worse with the seat inflated. It does also change your windshield height perspective. I have a stock smoked windshield and i am now right at the top of the windshield looking at the edge of the windshield. If no one knew, it is ran off of your accessory switch on the bike or you can get it hardwired at the local shop. Things i really noticed and like so far is that the seat almost gives you unlimited adjustments and they are very noticible when you adjust the buttons. Also the seat feels great even not inflated which is real nice. Also, the leather material and craftsmanship is very high quality. I have read that people think this seat pushes you forward. In my opinion it is just a totally diffrent seat than stock and sits you in a completely diffrent riding position and you cant even compare this to a stock seat. I sorta thought this may be a stock seat with airbags in it and i was totally wrong. It is just a totally diffrent seat in a better way. I use a backrest as well and i almost feel like you really need it with this seat. I have tried the $120 butt buffer gelpad with my stock seat and was able to do about 150 miles without my tailbone hurting but after that i could hardly concentrate on the ride or enjoy it from so much pain. 300 mile rides were agony. I will keep everyone posted on the new seat on a longer ride but so far it seems like the best purchase i ever could have made for comfort even though i cant afford gas now. If anyone is interested, i no longer need and have a stock "comfort stitch" Ultra Classic seat in perfect condtion off of 2005 Ultra with 16,000 miles that should fit 97-06 FLHTCU or possible other bikes that i am looking to get $100.00obo for and i also have a "Butt Buffer" gelpad seat cushon that is coverd in black cloth that i paid $120.00 and would like to sell for $50.00obo.