Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > General Harley Davidson Forums > General Harley Davidson Chat
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by: J&P Cycles

P

Old 11-24-2009, 09:34 PM
Road Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumacher View Post
JACKSONVILLE, Ore. A pair of hoax ads on Craigslist cost an Oregon man much of what he owned.
The ads popped up Saturday afternoon, saying the owner of a Jacksonville home was forced to leave the area suddenly and his belongings, including a horse, were free for the taking, said Jackson County sheriff's Detective Sgt. Colin ***an.
But Robert Salisbury had no plans to leave. The independent contractor was at Emigrant Lake when he got a call from a woman who had stopped by his house to claim his horse.
On his way home he stopped a truck loaded down with his work ladders, lawn mower and weed eater.
"I informed them I was the owner, but they refused to give the stuff back," Salisbury said. "They showed me the Craigslist printout and told me they had the right to do what they did."
The driver sped away after rebuking Salisbury. On his way home he spotted other cars filled with his belongings.
Once home he was greeted by close to 30 people rummaging through his barn and front porch.
The trespassers, armed with printouts of the ad, tried to brush him off. "They honestly thought that because it appeared on the Internet it was true," Salisbury said. "It boggles the mind."
Jacksonville police and Jackson County sheriff's deputies arrived but by then several cars packed with Salisbury's property had fled.

Craigslist can burn in hell as far as I'm concerned

I live in Oregon and I remember that. This guy pissed off someone so they placed a F--ked up ad.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:37 PM
Road Warrior

$4,500 for my 2003 Sporty XL1200 Custom.
Attached Thumbnails
Craigslist-sportster-side-web.jpg  
Old 11-24-2009, 10:18 PM
One Of The Regulars
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumacher View Post
I found this ad on craigslist for making money when you send ipods and stuff to Nigeria.
I sent like 10 grand worth, and they are paying me 50K for them

Should get the check any day now
Good one...I like the sense of humor.
Old 11-25-2009, 06:42 AM
Ultimate HDF Member
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000916551016#!/profile.php?id=100000916551016

$400 dollar leather jacket for $40. Road king shocks for the sporster off of an 08 streetglide, 15.00. Barrel bag She paid $280, I paid $80. American Eagle Saddlebags for the Softail, $800 new, I paid $100. New set of 16 inch take off tires for my pickup with only 2500 miles on them $150.00. I love Craigslist and only deal in person locally.

Scars are like Tattoos with way better Stories.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:45 PM
One Of The Regulars

Set of new wheels and tires off a 09 Ultra for $160. Sold the front for $200 because it had the 407 tire. Will use the rear next tire change
Old 11-25-2009, 05:17 PM
Road Captain

Needed to rent a house and found a nice one there - worked out well. Also hooked-up with a "lady" for two nights while her better half was away. Thanks Craigslist!
Old 11-25-2009, 05:35 PM
Club Member

I have had success on Indy's Craig's List.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:36 AM
Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetLost☠1982 View Post
I check the motorcycle section every day in the Boston area for deals like this. Haven't come with anything close. That may be the best deal I've seen yet. Hope something like that shows up when I'm ready to get a bigger bike.
keep lookin bro! the owner actually owed like somewhere around $11,000 and for what reason he let me grab it for 8.5k is beyond me, especially with all the seats and the windshield. oh AND he had ALL the receipts for the seats AND the service receipts.

also, i got an 07 honda foreman 4x4 500 for $3500 off someone else on craigslist. my gf's sister's bf hates me cause he owes like 7500 on his 07 . i guess i just get lucky with craigslist haha
Old 11-26-2009, 09:36 AM

P

Tags
backrest, craigs, craigslist, exhaust, foreman, free, harley, harleys, honda, jacket, jacksonvillefl, list, road, stuff, warrior