General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motorcycle Guitar Case... Anyone carry?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 02:05 AM
Nightking
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The wife and I both play, and are planning a trip out West o the bikes. It would be nice to find a smaller guitar to take with us. I have seen the smaller Ovations. Didn't know how well made they are though.

Old 01-05-2010, 02:17 AM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Wink

Originally Posted by xxxflhrci
Prince just slung his over his back in Purple Rain.
Yep, that's what a REAL bike ridin' guitarslinger would do...

Old 01-05-2010, 02:25 AM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by *NIGHT TRAIN*
Yep, that's what a REAL bike ridin' guitarslinger would do...
carry cases are for poser guitar slingin' wanabe bikers.

everyone knows this.

Old 01-05-2010, 06:00 AM
carlgrover
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,193 Likes on 1,269 Posts

So what are you gonna do about the amp?

Old 01-05-2010, 07:38 AM
PLHbrian
Cruiser

Originally Posted by doc_cj
Why does it have to be an electric?

Thanks for all the responses...Even the funny ones. Maybe I should take up golf...

I am looking for something so I can safely ride to the practice facility with one of my guitars. I leave my amp and effects rig there and the stuff gets trucked along with the drums etc...but the guitars go with me.

To travel on vacation with one... I like my old Steinberger with a Vox plug amp. It is small and indestructible. This might be a solution to look at nightking if you also prefer a little overdrive while playing.

I have never played the Yamaha silent guitar but that looks like a good one to travel with too. I think Martin also came out with a backpacker a while back.

While searching around...I found this mono case that looks like it will work. The bag looks well padded and the straps lock at the chest. That should keep the guitar and case from moving around. I posted a picture and here is the link http://www.monocase.com/mono-electric-guitar.asp

What do you players think of this one?

Attached Thumbnails Motorcycle Guitar Case... Anyone carry?-largepic.jpg  
Old 01-05-2010, 07:52 AM
casper gomez
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PLHbrian
I think Martin also came out with a backpacker a while back.
i picked up a used martin backpacker a couple months ago while i was at biketoberfest. it came with a little gig bag that it fit nicely into. they sound a little bit cheesey, but if you are jonesing to play like i was it makes for a pretty good option. it was dead simple to bungee it onto the rest of my gear too. and with how little i spent on it i wasn't really worried if it got knocked around a little.

Old 01-05-2010, 07:58 AM
Lardog666
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by PLHbrian
...What do you players think of this one?

I use an old Alice Pack Frame (military backpack) strapped (custom made straps) to any of my hardshell cases for in-town riding, & it's the same basic set up. You should be fine dude. I do like the idea of putting the guitar on the side of the bike like a saddle-bag (tho' that posted example is impractical for that bike imo but the idea is sound)

Old 08-31-2010, 03:22 PM
Mark Zickefoose
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default guitar carrying on your bike.

I tried the stap to your back rout, I always felt it would stress the guitar neck to much, also the guitar would ride up high on my back as I rode, passing a truck from the oncomming lane was no fun either, it would move that guitar all over. Felt more like a safety hazard. When I am able to ride to a gig these days the only gear required for me is my personal stuff ; Mic stand, mic, axe,cables, pedals. all that stuff goes in the opposing saddle bag and the mic stand gets strapped across the handlebars and away I go. Last week we played a gig 87 miles away, rode the bike, got wet, guitar stayed dry, played gig, went to after party, had a blast, rode home. Had the bike and guitar in Sturis this year, had fun there with it too. If you ride a softail the zmotorcase option is a very good one. phone or email me Ill build you one. I am dying to help someone have this much fun.

Old 08-31-2010, 03:35 PM
rh8234
Elite HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

Speaking of golf, I have ridden to the course with a carry bag across my back. I do get a lot of funy looks, but it really ain't a problem hauling the clubs that way. A guitar should be a lot lighter and easier to haul than a set of clubs.

Old 08-31-2010, 04:10 PM
jamesw
Road Warrior
Received 675 Likes on 256 Posts

My wife plays, and has one of these:

http://www.travelerguitar.com/products/pro-series/

Almost indestructible

Quick Reply: Motorcycle Guitar Case... Anyone carry?