General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my wife hates bikes..............

Old 01-13-2010, 07:42 AM
Hot01
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I wouldn't consider dating a guy that doesn't have a motorcycle. What would we do?

Old 01-13-2010, 07:45 AM
fatbob123
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who bloody knows?

Old 01-13-2010, 08:25 AM
MDStbob
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My wife got her license, now she cant stay off her bike.
Jim

Old 01-13-2010, 08:51 AM
hullhorr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 182 Posts

My wife doesn't share the same passion I do for riding, but she occasionally goes with me on rides. The longest trip we've been on together is about 4-hours. It comes in spurts with her, she'll just out of the blue want to go for a ride. Having a 9-year old plays into the equation also. The thought of something bad happening to both of us at once while she's young opens your eyes.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:52 AM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by *NIGHT TRAIN*
Bottom line is, I can't be with a woman who doesn't like bikes...I remember when my wife stomped her little foot and said "You are NOT buying another fckn Harley"...that was 10 years, 3 bikes and 1 ex wife ago...since then, I've found that there is an abundance of attractive good natured women who love bikes...those are the ones I spend my time with...and I've lived happily ever after...
Originally Posted by bikes
Basing a relationship with a woman's liking Harley's or not is pathetic.

NOT that I am really 'disagreeing' with you, Bikes, BUT I have to believe, Night Train was not inferring that was the ONLY 'basis'.

Likewise, IF a woman came into my 'arena', and didn't care for dogs, feared she wouldn't be here too dammt long. There's a hundred # Chessie "rug" in the entry way. And jus' like the scoots, had 'em BEFORE any o' the wimmin. AND, THEY are still here !!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HU-C4Wost8

Old 01-13-2010, 10:58 AM
latnyte
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

my wife and I both grew up in the motorcycle culture now she hates it and i love it .the good part is she never complains about the money i spend on my bike because she knows i love it . i do wish she would ride though.

Old 01-13-2010, 02:16 PM
6burgh
Advanced

When I first met my wife she found out that I had a Harley, it was the middle of winter and she wanted to see it, I told her it wasn't much to look at since it was sitting in the garage torn down to the fame with every piece I could unbolt except the swing arm and the tins had been sent out to be chromed.
A couple of weeks go by and it was starting to warm up and I was still trying to figure out how to come up with enough cash to get my parts out of hock, when she pulled up to the place I worked and opened up the trunk of her car, and every beautiful shinny chrome part from my bike was there!

She had driven up to the chrome plate shop and paid the tab and brought back all my parts!!

She simply said, " why don't you put that Harley back together, and let's go for a ride".

We were married a couple of months later, that my friends, is true love, and that was 31 years ago......

Old 01-13-2010, 02:19 PM
Thatzmister2u
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 6burgh
When I first met my wife she found out that I had a Harley, it was the middle of winter and she wanted to see it, I told her it wasn't much to look at since it was sitting in the garage torn down to the fame with every piece I could unbolt except the swing arm and the tins had been sent out to be chromed.
A couple of weeks go by and it was starting to warm up and I was still trying to figure out how to come up with enough cash to get my parts out of hock, when she pulled up to the place I worked and opened up the trunk of her car, and every beautiful shinny chrome part from my bike was there!

She had driven up to the chrome plate shop and paid the tab and brought back all my parts!!

She simply said, " why don't you put that Harley back together, and let's go for a ride".

We were married a couple of months later, that my friends, is true love, and that was 31 years ago......
Great story!!! Congrats! Thanks for sharing!

E-

Old 01-13-2010, 02:58 PM
hondaherb
Road Captain

I guess I'm truely blessed that my wife loves bikes as much as I do, we also have a daughter that loves her bike and rides with us. Several years ago, one of the girls that worked with my wife told her that her husband had bought a bike, but she would never ride with him.....my wife told her that if she didn't ride with him, somebody else would. The girl learned to like riding with him

Old 01-13-2010, 03:08 PM
OTTO
Cruiser
Default Wife hated bikes to

My wife hated bikes to but now she has her own dyna and loves to ride . not as much as i do but she loves to ride now . the softail is mine and the dyna is hers.

Attached Thumbnails my wife hates bikes..............-angies-bike-1.jpg   my wife hates bikes..............-cliffs-bike-2.jpg