General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H-D ends deal with Lehman Trikes

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 12:27 PM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,783 Likes on 6,213 Posts
Default H-D ends deal with Lehman Trikes

Gonna keep it in-house, I guess.

http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/news...cc4c03286.html

Old 01-21-2010, 12:39 PM
legacycycles
Oops
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Greedy bastards....Leave it to Harley to stick,somebody who has supported them through the years,in the back.Kinda like they did to all the bikers of the past who continued to buy there products when nobody else would.Reminde me agin why my life is dedicated to this fn brand.

Old 01-21-2010, 12:40 PM
rickoshay45
Road Master

Only makes sense. I bet the union loves the idea. But there have been rumours of other outsourcing going on. Maybe we will hear what the plans are after the upcoming dealers meeting.

Old 01-21-2010, 12:47 PM
longblack1
Cruiser

Wonder if Harley is going to hire back any of the workers they just laid off at the York plant

Old 01-21-2010, 12:52 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,191 Likes on 2,457 Posts

Originally Posted by legacycycles
Greedy bastards....Leave it to Harley to stick,somebody who has supported them through the years,in the back.Kinda like they did to all the bikers of the past who continued to buy there products when nobody else would.Reminde me agin why my life is dedicated to this fn brand.
really! why would they even think about moving the trike operations in-house and consolidating the operations. i mean, think of the cost savings involved. bastages!

Old 01-21-2010, 01:00 PM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 334 Likes on 203 Posts

[QUOTE=legacycycles;6128908]Greedy bastards....Leave it to Harley to stick,somebody who has supported them through the years,in the back.Kinda like they did to all the bikers of the past who continued to buy there products when nobody else would.Reminde me agin why my life is dedicated to this fn brand.[/QUOTE]

You're kidding, right? You have a problem with HD taking this in-house and letting their own employees build their trikes? Not to mention gaining efficiencies and saving money in this trying economy. I hear the Gold Wing forum is looking for members...

Old 01-21-2010, 01:07 PM
rcaddell
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by legacycycles
HD sold Lehman Trikes in their delaers branded as HD's for less than 4 years. The partnership came about Sept 2006. Hardly sticking it to somebody.

If your life is dedicated to HD as a brand, you may want to re-evaluate life.

Old 01-21-2010, 01:17 PM
legacycycles
Oops

Yeah im serious,Harley is going to build a trike off of lehmans back.It is lehmans design,and there r/d.so harley throws em a bone,gives them a little piece of the pie to see if it will be profitable for them and then steals it back and leaves lehman out in the cold.I know its cheaper to build in house,and H-d Will save money and create a couple of jobs,but its all greed to do it the way they did it.And talking about jobs,how about all the jobs the lehman plant is going to lose.Now i know my thinking will be the in minority here,but me being a biker ,im in the minority as i have allways been.So im used to it.But what im not is a greedy,comforming,follow the line suit and tie kinda guy.I try to look at both sides os any story,and i think is H-D is wrong on this one.

Old 01-21-2010, 01:19 PM
big cahuna
Grand HDF Member
Received 227 Likes on 152 Posts

Did it say they were going to continue using Lehman parts, and build the trikes at the Harley plant or have another supplier of trike parts?.,

Old 01-21-2010, 01:21 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 615 Likes on 384 Posts

The fact that Lehman has added Victory to its list of partners might have prompted Harley to end its relationship.

Quick Reply: H-D ends deal with Lehman Trikes