General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motorcycle Test Riders Needed

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 08:28 AM
oldncrzy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by todd-67
Yeah I think the fastest way to kill the passion for a hobby is to make it your job....
+1 but even sooo........

Old 01-29-2010, 08:35 AM
dirtyharryfxrt
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It could be a very boring job.

Old 01-29-2010, 08:38 AM
lizdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtyharryfxrt
It could be a very boring job.
Hmm bored on scooter vs bored in front of a computer.. What would I choose.. :icon_nu t:

How about bored so I get on computer and talk about my bike cause I can't ride it since it is winter :icon _errrr:
It might be fun to get that bored..

Old 01-29-2010, 08:58 AM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thats why i applied its in arizona there is no winter LOL even the coldest days are still warmer then spring here LOL

Old 01-29-2010, 01:13 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts

I've seen that ad before - you can find postings from years ago. I get the feeling there's something wrong with that picture. The ad is posted continuously for years, sounds too good to be true... just brings up some red flags for me.

Old 01-29-2010, 01:51 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member

Used to work next door to a Yamaha assembly facility here in So Cal back in the late 70's.

They'd get crated bikes from Japan, assemble/prep them, then ship them to the dealerships.

2 guys had the job of jumping on the bikes and test riding them down the block, on to the freeway for a mile or so then ride back to the facility.

At 18 yrs old I would have loved that job.

Old 01-29-2010, 03:26 PM
silverwolf79
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All we can hope for is someday , just maybe , they'll advertise for a few
coast to coast "test drivers" , and then watch the applications pour in !

What better way is there to test a Touring model ?

Old 01-29-2010, 04:00 PM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 20 Posts

Just for grins, I wonder what the job pays? I visited the York PA factory back in the early 2000s and decided I wanted the job at the end of the line where the dude "rode" the new bikes coming off the line on rollers in the floor under the back wheel.
Cool!

Old 01-29-2010, 05:53 PM
Tech23
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

The position is very demanding, turnover is expected, most don't make it to the second year. For those that have never ridden in the Arizona heat...you have no idea. It's called "Hot Weather Durability Testing". If you can stay onboard at high speed in 115 degree heat over a variety of surfaces for extended periods the job may be for you. However thats only half the job. You will be hooking up and reading all sorts of monitoring equipment, and recording data. Keep in mind folks...most that ride in AZ during the summer months ride in the early morning or at night. Like you are commuting to work and back. Riding in the desert with the sun overhead is not real fun. The heat out here is like wind chill... in reverse... the faster you go the hotter it gets! Most aren't capable of doing an endurance race pace 8 hours a day, 5 day's a week in these conditions. Might be fun for some for a little while....it's not something you will do and retire from...trust me.

Tech23

Old 01-29-2010, 06:44 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member

Originally Posted by Tech23
The position is very demanding, turnover is expected, most don't make it to the second year. For those that have never ridden in the Arizona heat...you have no idea. It's called "Hot Weather Durability Testing". If you can stay onboard at high speed in 115 degree heat over a variety of surfaces for extended periods the job may be for you. However thats only half the job. You will be hooking up and reading all sorts of monitoring equipment, and recording data. Keep in mind folks...most that ride in AZ during the summer months ride in the early morning or at night. Like you are commuting to work and back. Riding in the desert with the sun overhead is not real fun. The heat out here is like wind chill... in reverse... the faster you go the hotter it gets! Most aren't capable of doing an endurance race pace 8 hours a day, 5 day's a week in these conditions. Might be fun for some for a little while....it's not something you will do and retire from...trust me.

Tech23
thanks for the info Tech23. i actully applied for the position in seriousness and appreciated the input as to what the job entails.

Quick Reply: Motorcycle Test Riders Needed