General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
I wear a vest with patches all the time.
19.36%
I have a vest with patches, but rarely wear it.
15.96%
It depends on my mood, and who I'm with.
14.26%
They make nice wall decorations.
17.66%
What's a patch?
32.77%
Voters: 470. You may not vote on this poll

Patch, or no patch?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 01:56 AM
dhutchison
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Patch, or no patch?

I'm not trying to **** anyone off, but what's up with patches? When I joined HOG, first thing I got was a damn patch. And I get one every year I'm a member. When I was an officer, the Blue Knights gave me some more patches. Same thing with the AMA. More patches! So now I have a drawer full of all theese patches that I will never use. One reason being, I don't like to wear a vest. Another being, I don't like to advertise. I've always been a pretty "covert" kinda guy. If I am wearing a Harley t-shirt, you can bet someone gave it to me. I ride a Harley because they are what I like, not just because of the "status". I am a member of HOG and AMA because I like certain benefits each have. That's no reason to advertise my membership though. I have nothing against patches, or anyone that wears them. Same goes for pins. Although I have found a use for them. They work really good for holding up calendars, and notes on a cork board. I'm just curious to see who all wears patches, and how you wear them. Like I said, I'm not cracking on anyone at all, just curious to see the results, and maybe a post as to why you do or don't wear them.

Old 07-25-2006, 02:04 AM
buttman
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Patch, or no patch?

I wear my vest most of the time, but I don't worry about it when I don't wear it. I patch because I'm an active member in my local HOG chapter, and as a reminder of the rides I have been on and the places I've been. I also have a few patches that express who I am and how I feel.

[IMG]local://upfiles/8977/8397FC35CF86487BAFB0030FB7944A64.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-25-2006, 02:09 AM
Comfortably Numb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

No vest, no patches, never will. If I wanted to look like a dork I'd become a Shriner.

Old 07-25-2006, 02:09 AM
reefteach
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wear the vest w/ patches a few times a year when riding with the local HOG chapter. If not doing an official ride w/ them, I leave the jean vest in the saddlebag.

Old 07-25-2006, 02:12 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 154 Likes on 52 Posts

ORIGINAL: Comfortably Numb

No vest, no patches, never will. If I wanted to look like a dork I'd become a Shriner.
Wearing a patch does not make you a dork. Acting like a dork makes you a dork. I know many Shriner's. I would not call them dorks either.

P.S.

Send me a self addressed stamped envelope and I'll send you an HDForums.com Patch.

Old 07-25-2006, 02:13 AM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ebay the patches

Old 07-25-2006, 02:13 AM
Flying Pilgrim
Road Master

I usually ride alone, don't belong to any club etc.
I don't really want people to know that much about me to avoid any problems. That's just me. My only patch is the HD at the bottom of my jacket.

Old 07-25-2006, 02:40 AM
HDFXSTC
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Comfortably Numb

Hey now, I'm a Shriner, does that make me a dork?[sm=confused06.gif] No patches though I do have a fez.

Jim

Old 07-25-2006, 02:54 AM
HTRAUD
Road Warrior

I just put a patch on my vest. I was in Az recently and happened to be in chopper shop. I saw a cool looking patch of an eagle landing on a guidon of the American flag. It is about 13" wide and 8" tall. I just had it sewn on my vest. I thought it was neat so I did it. Other than that I am not much for patches. I think this says I support America and all that she is.

Old 07-25-2006, 03:06 AM
haksaw
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you're a dork if you have an occ patch on your vest or your one of the posers who bought those stupid vests with patches already sewn on. Those don't turn you into an instant biker, only an instant dork.

Quick Reply: Patch, or no patch?