General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chicago Harley, 20% off.

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 10:20 PM
CraigsStreetbob
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by foxhd
I've read the posts over time. I understand that delivery is slow. But for 20% off, it should be worth it. Anyway, I ordered a streetglide luggage rack, sissy bar, pad and mount. But how long does one have to wait? It's been 17 days. If I ordered locally, they still would have had to order it from the company, but it would have been in, in a week. Are they always this slow?
I order from Chicago HD and have never had to wait very long and get great service from Eric in PARTS dept NOT the internet department. A word of advice there are 2 Erics one in internet and one in parts. Call the regular parts department and you will receive better service. The parts dept doesn't charge your CC until the items SHIP. The internet dept charges your CC once you place the order.

Old 02-11-2010, 10:27 PM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

sound like a good deal!

Old 02-12-2010, 07:23 AM
foxhd
Cruiser

Thanx for the input. I knew there were many of you with experience with Chicago. I'll be patient a little longer.

Old 02-12-2010, 07:40 AM
stamper5498
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ashmarc
That being said.......ordered parts and accessories are much needed business for MoCo.

If their business is slow.....making and delivering their goods to their dealers should not only be easy but a priority.

Is someone suggesting we feel sorry for the MOCO?? I agree with Ashmarc

Old 02-12-2010, 07:51 AM
threeten
Tourer

Originally Posted by CraigsStreetbob
Call the regular parts department and you will receive better service. The parts dept doesn't charge your CC until the items SHIP. The internet dept charges your CC once you place the order.
This is good to know, I will keep it in mind the next time I order.

Yeah, it kind of griped me that they charged my card right away, and then I had to wait another month. I've never experienced that with any other internet orders.

Old 02-12-2010, 12:05 PM
Sunglo Cruiser
Novice
Talking

I just received my order from Chacago HD last night after waiting 17 days! Chacago HD does not stock anything and special orders it from HD. I can have my local HD dealer special order things for me, and I always get it in 5 days, and I'm all the way in CA. You would think that if you place an order from Chacago HD, it will most likely be a "special order", 5 days + 4 days for shipping = 9, right?...Wrong

After waiting 14 days with no further status online, I called their internet customer service, the girl told me that they were waiting for one more part, and the package would ship at the end of the week.

The 20% savings was nice, but you know us HD folks "HAVE TO HAVE IT NOW!" My bike does not like to wait for it's new chrome...

My local HD (Quaid Loma Linda/Temecula) gives HOG members 10% discount. Not going to order from Chacago anymore, keeping my money local.

Old 02-13-2010, 07:34 AM
foxhd
Cruiser

I hope someone from Chicago Harley reads this post. Maybe they will speed things up. An email would be nice to inform me of order status. I don't think ups delivers on the weekend, so I will be at least 20 days for parts that are described as "essentials" in the parts catalog. It's not like a luggage rack, sissy bar, mounts and backrest pads have to be specially made. They must have them by the hundreds. When I placed the order, it was stated that it would be 3-5 days.

Old 02-13-2010, 03:32 PM
jag1886
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

It always takes 30 days from Chicago Harley and they always give 20% on everything, Zanotti ships fast but doesn't always give a full 20% off and sometimes gives more than 20% off, you have to check there math everytime.

Old 02-13-2010, 03:45 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

I won't shop there anymore since I went to order about $300 worth of parts and the customer service guy gave me some serious bulls**t attitude. It was so arrogant if it he were local in town I would have driven over and given him and serious beat down. Those guys are complete aholes in my book.

They act like it is some kind of priviledge to buy from them.

The MoCo is in financial trouble for ONE reason: Like many banks, they loaned way too much money to people with bad credit. That short term error in judgement costs all of us who pay out bills and have good credit. So, I don't feel sorry for them one bit.

Old 02-13-2010, 03:46 PM
surfcitybum
Road Captain

I'm out here in So-Cal and I've ordered a few times from them and delivery time always SUCKS.

Quick Reply: Chicago Harley, 20% off.