Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > General Harley Davidson Forums > General Harley Davidson Chat
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by: J&P Cycles

P

Old 02-13-2010, 04:08 AM
Hang Around
Default Motorcycle Clubs in Sweden...

I am a new member to the forum..Born in Boston...lived in San Diego, Central Florida, Las Vegas...all over the States really, now living in the north of Sweden for the last 6 years. Been riding Harleys for 30 years, but actually bought a Ducati to add to the stable this year....I wanted to give you all a heads up as to the way biker clubs work over here..I think you'll find it rather interesting.

The Harley riders over here of course have HOG. It's a place where those that choose to....go....go....There are many smaller clubs here as well. Nearly all of them own or rent a building in which they can meet, drink, and work on their machines. Most clubs consist of between 5 and 25 members and are members of an association that voluntarily abides the "Swedish Model"... A set of rules that determines..well....pretty much everything about the way you will conduct yourself...Many clubs prohibit women from being members. In order to be allowed to put a "MC" patch on your vest, you must be approved to by a unanimous decision of all of the other groups in your area.

There are annual meetings of the area clubs and parties throughout the year.
Some of the clubs ride more than others of course.

Personally, I, along with two other friends, bought a house, converted it into a club, and chose not to be a part of the Swedish Model. We believe there is way too much politics involved and we just want to have fun. We have monthly bar nights and the proceeds we take in cover all of our operating expenses...basically a free clubhouse! I've recently built a garage and paint-room and am presently doing a complete paint job on one of my bikes..a 2001 Ultra Classic. I also have a 1981 Heritage, the 2006 Ducati ST3 and I have a softail frame with a 200 wide back end that I'll be building shortly complete with a 96 inch S and S motor.....

More to come.... Blue skies y'all....
Old 02-13-2010, 05:56 AM
Hang Around

This is true but it might be a bit one-sided. As far as I know this "Swedish model" is enforced by HA and HA-friendly clubs. And only applies to clubs that want a patch that looks like a typical biker patch or have interests that do not agree with the law that well. So you could see this as a rule that is forced upon clubs by 1% gangs.

Most of these clubs have nothing to do with 1%ers but accepts the rules, sometimes out of fear.

But most people that rides a bike rides on their own or joins clubs that have nothing to do with this model. 1%ers really have no interest in "yamaha custom club" or so that odinary people join.

Im not an expert on this subject. I have no insight into these clubs at all other then what I have read.
Old 02-13-2010, 07:03 AM
Ultimate HDF Member

Jag har aldrig förstådd den motorcycle klubba mentaliteten till begynna med. Vad motivera någon till vara utsätta för till Gestapo taktiken?
Old 02-13-2010, 10:34 AM
Road Warrior

Is this for real?

2/5 Fox Co (Blackhearts)
FAST Co 5th PLt (FIDO)

Old 02-13-2010, 10:40 AM
Club Member

Any point in us knowing this?

Feuling Reaper 525 Cams PC-V- Rinehart Slim-line Duals and 4 inch Rinehart Slip-Ons.
88 HP-98 TQ
Stage 2.
Lots of other custom stuff
Old 02-13-2010, 11:30 AM
Ultimate HDF Member

Not if you don't want to.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:44 AM
Senior Rider

Hey Ya'll, interesting to me.
My kin folk came to the western US about 125 years ago from Dahlsland. Would like to visit and ride around Sweden.
Old 02-13-2010, 01:09 PM
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikes View Post
Not if you don't want to.
This was not meant for you, but for the OP, or were you not able to understand my comment?

Feuling Reaper 525 Cams PC-V- Rinehart Slim-line Duals and 4 inch Rinehart Slip-Ons.
88 HP-98 TQ
Stage 2.
Lots of other custom stuff
Old 02-13-2010, 01:23 PM
Elite HDF Member

Peter, you need to know one thing about this forum: it didn't happen if there aren't any pics. Oh, and by the way, welcome to the forum.
au péril de ta vie
Old 02-13-2010, 01:33 PM
Road Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikes View Post
Jag har aldrig förstådd den motorcycle klubba mentaliteten till begynna med. Vad motivera någon till vara utsätta för till Gestapo taktiken?

I have never understood the motorcycle club mentality to begin with. What motivate someone to be exposed to the Gestapo tactics?
Old 02-13-2010, 01:33 PM

P

Tags
biker, club, clubs, davidson, forum, forums, free, harley, harleydavidson, motorcycle, parts, shirt, sverige, sweden, swedish