General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bitchin Harley riders saying what model is best

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 05:14 PM
Arv
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bitchin Harley riders saying what model is best

Ok so Im currently sitting as an new guy, looking in at my local chapter, soaking up all the chat, different faces and people.

It really takes all types doesn’t it..lol

But a comment I heard made me come out and say my piece in front of a group of guys

I heard them bitchin about other Harleys models, as this particular group own sportsters and was saying how quick they are compared to softails, and how much better they stop, how they lean over better etc etc..

Knowing I own a Fatboy, and that im a bit green etc, I expect they were educating me ,right?

I had enough and said we should just enjoy having a variety of models to chose from, each to their own etc etc, as you can imagine there was an air of silence for a couple of seconds then........"anyone for a coffee" and they carried on.

So I have just one question,WHY?

Old 03-30-2010, 05:22 PM
shopewell
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not sure why people feel like they have to rag on another's ride. I actually lost it a little in another thread about a guy raggin' on sporty's - feeling much better now. Usually I don't give a flying f$#^ about what other people say and likewise I respect just about any make and model out there. Had a chance to ride: Triumph Tiger, Honda CBR 900RR (my old bike), Fatboy, RKC, Victory Vegas Low, and a few more.

Every single one of them had their own thing to offer; every one was fun in their own way. Some like steak, some lobster. Some like it all. If I could have about 20 bikes in my garage I would. Like your Fatboy too. Love the wheels.

Just like anything else I guess. Some people feel big by trying to make other's feel little. Just my 2 cents.

Old 03-30-2010, 05:23 PM
pjmoraldo
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let me be the first to comment on this extremely debated topic by saying the best bikes have EVO motors and I prefer the FXSTC flavor!

make that 2nd

Old 03-30-2010, 05:26 PM
Fatboy Brian
Grand HDF Member
Received 464 Likes on 191 Posts

I love all bikes. I to prefer the FB.

Old 03-30-2010, 05:27 PM
not_so_newb
Elite HDF Member
Received 822 Likes on 478 Posts

educating , or trying to see if they could wind you up ...

Old 03-30-2010, 05:30 PM
Trex
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I love all Harleys, don't care what year or model and that includes VRods of course. Matter o fact love all American bikes and like or tolerate all brands. But of course Dynas and StreetGlides are my favorite.

Old 03-30-2010, 05:30 PM
Dragon5
Tourer

I love my 09 Superglide, but everytime I hear a Sportster (with aftermarket pipes) I wish my bike sounded like that. I love that sound!

Old 03-30-2010, 05:33 PM
Arv
Road Captain

Originally Posted by not_so_newb
educating , or trying to see if they could wind you up ...
Trouble is..
If i wanted a fast bike, I would buy back my GSXR
But now i want to see the sights and appreciate them as i'm riding, not remember a big long blurrrrrr!!

Old 03-30-2010, 05:35 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

I got the "baby Harley" comment from a neighbor who rides a FB the first day I rode it in my neighborhood. A week later he fell off his kids dirtbike in the driveway and fractured his skull and almost died. Still rides w/o a helmet....so some people are just stupid I guess.

Old 03-30-2010, 05:49 PM
bigstevex4
Tourer

We all have opinions sporters suck because ime 6'4" and wiegh 335 lbs same for dynas
as a matter of fact softails suck cause there too short ultra glides make me feel boxed in
Street glides are too low. may as well trow in dodge and ford while ime at it. But if your paying for the thing who cares what i think besides me.

Quick Reply: Bitchin Harley riders saying what model is best