General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad dealer harley davidson of danbury

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 09:23 PM
badbaggerz
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad dealer harley davidson of danbury

I went into Harley Davidson of Danbury and spoke to a salesman on sat 4-17-10 I said I was interested in the screamin eagle street glide they had on the floor. I made an offer of msrp no prep and no freight they were asking 5000.00 over msrp. I didn’t need financing and I could pick the bike up in a day or two. The salesman went into the sales managers office and came back out and congratulated my wife and myself and said we have a deal. I went into the business managers office completed the deal and gave them a deposit of 1000.00 on a credit card which they charged. I signed the bill of sale and credit card receipt and spoke at length with the salesman and sales manager before leaving. I received a call from the business manager on Monday 4-19-10 and she said they cant sell me the bike that cheap they want 5000.00 more. I was really mad to say the least I said I’m not paying 5000.00 more and I want the bike she said they cant sell it to me. I spoke to the salesman sales manager and business manager and they were all unwilling to help me and they said they are mailing my deposit back. I said I’m not accepting it. I already obtained insurance on the bike which is costing me money. I went there on Monday to pick up the bike and they would not release the bike to me. I said keep the deposit on the bike because you will be hearing from my attorney the dmv dealers complaint division and the attorney generals office. Just BEWARE of this dealer a deal is NOT REALLY a deal from there point of view but we will see what the law says. We will see what the statutes in ct are for unfair trade practices!!!

Old 04-21-2010, 09:30 PM
scarpetta
Tourer
Default get those bastages!

Im glad your fighting them on it, to many people allow companies to get away with crap like that. good luck and keep us posted. I would take it to HD corporate and let them know how one of there dealers does business!

Old 04-21-2010, 09:34 PM
ImNoPrince
Road Captain

Good Luck , I just can't believe what a business can try to get away with. That's no different then you just not paying $5000 after you signed . As far as I'm concerned (but who the hell am I) they are holding your Item that you have a signed contract for and should be charged with Theft.

Old 04-21-2010, 09:36 PM
celtic13
Intermediate

Good luck....Definitely fight it....good for you

Old 04-21-2010, 09:39 PM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow......I really have no idea if you have a case or not and then what it might cost you to pursue it. I will be interested in seeing how it all turns out. Good Luck.

Old 04-21-2010, 09:40 PM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I should add, morally and ethically you have an ironclad case. Legally, well as I always told the kids never assume our judicial system is fair, ethical or moral.

Old 04-21-2010, 09:48 PM
GMbagger
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't get it. Even if they sold the CVO to you at MSRP, they would still be making more than enough on the bike.

Old 04-21-2010, 09:48 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,434 Likes on 874 Posts

Been there, wanted to look at a used sportster for my son that was in the shop to see if he liked the color. They wouldn't let me step over the line on the floor leading into the service area and told me to come back the next day if we wanted to see the color. I live 45 miles away. Bye, bye. Bought for a different bike elsewhere .

Old 04-21-2010, 09:50 PM
badbaggerz
Advanced

I am working on this with a few people Thanks for everyones help.

Last edited by badbaggerz; 04-23-2010 at 08:53 AM.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:51 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,434 Likes on 874 Posts

Originally Posted by GMbagger
I don't get it. Even if they sold the CVO to you at MSRP, they would still be making more than enough on the bike.
CVO's usually bring more $$$ because there aren't a lot of CVO's per dealer and there are buyers.

Quick Reply: Bad dealer harley davidson of danbury