General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding Fenderless

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 01:43 PM
J-Train
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riding Fenderless

After looking at others scoots I decided to take the front fender off of my night train. Looks good. I'm thinking now, is there any danger/harm or issues with riding without a front fender?, besides getting a little spray of water. I saw others have said about braces to put in place of where the front fender was, anyone know of where those can be found?

Old 05-04-2010, 01:56 PM
streetleon
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was checking out some fork braces in the jp mag.......is that what your looking for? it goes above the fender though not sure how it would look.

Old 05-04-2010, 02:17 PM
cadman311
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They had a bike show couple month back. And a couple of those cut rear fender were there. As it happen to rain you know they all had mud in there hair. Just trying to ride around the parking lot.

Old 05-04-2010, 02:22 PM
J-Train
Cruiser

Originally Posted by streetleon
i was checking out some fork braces in the jp mag.......is that what your looking for? it goes above the fender though not sure how it would look.
Yes, something that bolts into where the front fender used to bolt into the sliders. I'll check on jp cycles, they always have alot and I mean a lot of **** to sift through. Just wasn't sure if anyone had a part number or even a picture that would help me to determine if needed.

Old 05-04-2010, 02:23 PM
J-Train
Cruiser

Originally Posted by cadman311
They had a bike show couple month back. And a couple of those cut rear fender were there. As it happen to rain you know they all had mud in there hair. Just trying to ride around the parking lot.
I can imagine but I'm talking front fender taken off, nothing done with the rear fender.

Old 05-04-2010, 02:28 PM
Stash905
Road Captain

Originally Posted by J-Train
After looking at others scoots I decided to take the front fender off of my night train. Looks good. I'm thinking now, is there any danger/harm or issues with riding without a front fender?, besides getting a little spray of water. I saw others have said about braces to put in place of where the front fender was, anyone know of where those can be found?
Avoid riding in the rain, watch for dog crap and other stuff in the road that will get thrown up in your face. Get the hint? Leave the fender on.

Old 05-04-2010, 02:34 PM
trip20
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Rock nailed the under side of my tank. Chipped my paint. I put the fender back on. To be fair I think I was just unlucky. Plenty of dudes on this forum run with out front fender and it looks great and nothin' bad has happened.

Old 05-04-2010, 02:36 PM
J-Train
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Stash905
Avoid riding in the rain, watch for dog crap and other stuff in the road that will get thrown up in your face. Get the hint? Leave the fender on.
Well guess your not getting the hint, not asking for your opinion as to how it looks or if should remain on. I'm asking if it puts the bike at risk of things such as wobble etc... or a decrease in front braking without something like a bracket in place.

Old 05-04-2010, 02:38 PM
streetleon
Cruiser

maybe this will help get ya started......jp part number 231-310. I'm not saying this is the one that fits your bike just suggestion.

Last edited by streetleon; 05-04-2010 at 02:42 PM. Reason: just cuz
Old 05-04-2010, 02:45 PM
J-Train
Cruiser

Originally Posted by streetleon
maybe this will help get ya started......jp part number 231-310. I'm not saying this is the one that fits your bike just suggestion.
Appreciate it, will check into and get some good ideas.

Quick Reply: Riding Fenderless