General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How hard is it to finance threw Harley?

Old 08-17-2006, 02:43 AM
yzblue125
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How hard is it to finance threw Harley?

Hey guys, im 21 and want to buy a new or preowned sportster 1200c, my credits good,I finaced my car when i was 19 and just payed it off( a 7000.00 loan) been using and paying off my credit card to since ive been 19. The problem ive come across at this point in my life is even though my credits good Its so called LIMITED. How tuff is Eagles mark on accepting applicants?

Old 08-17-2006, 02:55 AM
yzblue125
Stage IV
Default RE: How hard is it to finance threw Harley?

ill be putting 3000.00 down on this bike

Old 08-17-2006, 03:23 AM
JamieWG
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You won't have a problem as long as you've got a job. They might try to stick you with high interest though. Go fill out an app and see..

Old 08-17-2006, 03:34 AM
reefteach
Tourer

Dont know if you are a homeowner or not, but Home equity loans are lower rates and you write of the interest on your taxes.
Also, I got a good rate on a car once from the dealer because I brought in a printout of all of the possable loan rates i could be getting from "Lendingtree.com". they matched it.

Old 08-17-2006, 07:35 AM
BirchwhiteHD
Road Master

The last place i'd look for financing would be through harley,there intrest rate is way to high,last year when i bought my bike i checked into it and found my local bank could finance me for less than 1/2 of the intrest rate of what eagle national bank . My bike was a used police electra glide,$8,000 down payment,I have a 845 credit rating ,
eagle national bank = 13.85%,my local bank = 5.65% both on a 4 yr note
Do some shopping around for rates and/or save up abit more on your deposit. good luck ,hope your on the bike soon

Old 08-17-2006, 07:43 AM
tread
Outstanding HDF Member

When I bought my Bike I was fresh out of a divorce and my X was killing my credit. Harley said they would finance it for up to 7 years. My credit is better now and Im getting ready to refinance at another Bank.
Name:  bikepics005.jpg
Views: 925
Size:  40.7 KB

Old 08-17-2006, 08:31 AM
wnogood
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Harley is very forgiving on bad or marginal credit. You should be fine. Like others have said, pay attention to the interest rate, and dont be afraid to ask them to lower it if you do not like the initial offer. I have managed to negotiate a couple of points in some cases. Many lending institutions just jack up the rate to increase their profits. If you tell them that you can do better, they sometimes will negotiate.

GOOD LUCK!

nogood o~`o

Old 08-17-2006, 08:32 AM
TRITON
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your putting $3000 down on a sporty, depending on what model your looking at, that would only leave 6-8K to finance. I think I would check with a bank first. Another thought might be to try the company that you just paid off your car with. They should gladly give you a loan.

Old 08-17-2006, 08:51 AM
Mac57
Road Warrior

As long as you have a history of good payment (short as it is) they will go out of their way to make it happen for you. But as the others have said, watch the interest rate. They will most likely dangle the bike in front of you and while mesmerized, slap you with too high a rate. Don't be impatient. PLENTY of used bikes out there. Get a deal that you are comfortable with.

Old 08-17-2006, 09:22 AM
sleepneagle
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

do you have and belong to a credit union? Normaslly CU loans are a lot lower in rate than banks and HD credit. If not you should join one. I've got one of my bikes financed at 4%.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How hard is it to finance threw Harley?