General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Picked up from the road or sabotaged ??

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 08:58 AM
RandyDowdy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadancer
Hadn't heard of that, but I'll be watchful. I wonder what they thought they were accomplishing? We hate 'em enough as is. MY latino crew would kick their butts for that!
Yea, it was stupidity at its finest. There own "friends" were getting flats too. We were wondering why there were so many flats on the site. I know construction sites are prone for tire issues, but it was so bad that we started trying to figure it out. Sure enough, there they were, sowing drywall nails as if they were planting seed. On their last days, so they couldn't get fired anyway. I would have liked to give them a little vigilante justice, but never saw it myself so I couldn't justify it. Bastards.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:20 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,187 Likes on 2,454 Posts

huh.... thanks for the job, in return for paying me under the table so i don't have to worry about taxes have a flat tire or 2..... and people wonder why some people hate illegal immigrants so much.

Old 06-03-2010, 10:00 AM
tmitchellof PG
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by High Gear
Yup hard to believe how some things can find there way into a tire.

Generally its the front tire rolling over that sets it up for the rear.

Shoot had a 3/8 bolt get into the rear tire of my cage at parking lot speeds once , WTF.
That's always been my theory. The front tire stands the screw/nail/bolt/etc. up and it goes into the rear tire. I would take a wild guess and say that motorcycles get flats in the rear versus the front tire at least 2 to 3 times more frequently.
Tom

Old 06-03-2010, 10:54 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 814 Likes on 800 Posts

U tell us,, anyone after Ya......???

Old 06-03-2010, 11:14 PM
ROMPUS
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Got 3/8 ratchet extension stuck in my truck tire once

Old 06-03-2010, 11:29 PM
SloChicken
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The was this girl once and I stuck this ...

Oh ****. Wrong forum ...

Old 06-04-2010, 12:27 AM
SeniorChief56
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 16,445 Likes on 4,733 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
huh.... thanks for the job, in return for paying me under the table so i don't have to worry about taxes have a flat tire or 2..... and people wonder why some people hate illegal immigrants so much.
correct me if I am wrong, but they are illegal aliens not illegal immigrants

Old 06-04-2010, 12:42 AM
trafficjams
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been working on the highways for years. It's incredible the amount of screws and nails that can be found in the breakdown lane just after bridge joints. They bounce out of the bed of contractors pick-up trucks at the tailgate hinge space. Eventually, after bouncing around the highway from traffic (with some of them once in awhile ending up in tires) they gravitate to the breakdown lane just beyond the bridge (or bump, or whatever). Don't pull over in a breakdown lane just beyond a bridge... trust me. You may end up broke down.

I would say you picked that screw up after it was jarred from a pick-up bed in a similar manner. Either that or you should quit smoking pot if it's having a paranoidal effect on you.

Old 06-04-2010, 01:44 AM
BBBSS
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My old excursion picked up a padlock shackle once (minus the lock itself). Looked like it was out of a pretty good size master lock or something similar. I had the local tire shop in the not best part of town go nuts on it and they ended up plugging one of the holes with, no joke, 4 tire plugs! The other hole only needed 2. This guy went nuts and had a bunch of plugs ready to go in the lil install tools, and ended up having to have his kid come help him shove more of em in. I was like, wtf? If this gonna hold? He was real confident and said it'll be fine don't worry about it. Being the tire was around $250 bucks and I was a lil tight at the time I let it go for a lil bit and forgot all about it. Sold the truck 3 years later with no problems out of the tire. I thought for sure in a couple days I'd be flat again.

Old 06-04-2010, 01:48 AM
dibe
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The only reason I posted this is because I was wondering if it was picked up from the road or not. I have never had anything like this in any of the tires on any vehicle I have owned.

And to all you haters, eat a dick

Quick Reply: Picked up from the road or sabotaged ??