General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beware of Zanotti Motor

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 08:01 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

When a product is on back order, it does not matter what dealer you order from, as long as they are out of stock, you are going to have to wait until they come. I have bought a lot of stuff from Zanotti and always expect it to take a few weeks. That is the price I pay for the discount.

It is something beyond their control obviously, with the exception of the fact that "they should stock them."

If you want them faster go to your local dealer and pay full price. I still would not hesitate to order from them.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:15 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by trmac
I don't think Zanotti's is an actual dealer - they just sell parts. I've only ordered from them once and one of the items had to be back ordered but they got it to me quicker than what the time estimate was. I'd have no problem buying from them again - pretty good discounts on most things. I peronally know of a few others that have bought from them and they were happy with the service.
Yes they are a dealer. I live 30 miles from them and visit them frequently.
One thing to keep in mind. Their online inventory is separate from their store inventory and it makes sense.
They don't want to lose a walk-in sale (or shop work order) at full price because they sold the part or accessory to an internet customer at 20% off.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:23 AM
koga
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by red devil
Zanotti's is an actual dealer, but what you got to realize is they keep the mail order seperate from the dealership. They do stock a lot of parts, but they will not take away parts from the service department to fill internet orders.
Chicago HD operates the same way but, you can call their parts dept. and order parts get them faster and still get the 20% off

Old 06-07-2010, 10:29 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You have to realize going in that with online places like Zanotti's everything has to be ordered and it will take a week or two. If you need something sooner you just need to get it from a local dealer. Not a big deal to me.

Old 06-07-2010, 10:40 AM
Wide_Open
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 82 Posts

I bought stuff from them and it wasn't all in stock but I still had it within a week. Their prices are great and shipping is very reasonable. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

Old 06-07-2010, 10:55 AM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,100 Likes on 1,023 Posts

Remember that old sayin', "Time is money".

Old 06-07-2010, 11:39 AM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,405 Likes on 1,593 Posts

I have also heard that Corporate cut back on their stock of replacement items and it is causing the dealers to wait for orders from them. The oil filters were the other item that was a problem this spring. I wouldn't blame Zanotti for this but rather the MOCO.

Old 06-07-2010, 12:24 PM
Scorpion07
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've purchased a lot of stuff through Zanotti's over the last few years, and have nothing but good to say for them. From pricing, customer service, to help ordering a small part within a kit. Great company for me anyway.
In fact, bought an IDS for my Ultra that HD listed for $305, but Zanotti mistakenly listed for $105. When I ordered, the sales woman noticed the discrepency and got the manager to check it out. He gave it to me for the $105 price!!!!
Like I said, I can't say enough for them!!!
Besides - you've complained about a part they don't have and they honestly tell you it's backordered, why didn't you just go somewhere else? Seems pretty drastic to badmouth them.

Old 06-07-2010, 12:42 PM
Dustball
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I have nothing but good to say about Zanotti's, and they've saved me hundreds of dollars in parts and gear. I've been notified of back ordered items, and I've often found it in sock elsewhere albeit a higher price and canceled that item with Zanotti's.

Sorry you are disappointed with them, but these guy have been very good to me and I'll continue to use them.

Old 06-07-2010, 12:43 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Scorpion07
I've purchased a lot of stuff through Zanotti's over the last few years, and have nothing but good to say for them. From pricing, customer service, to help ordering a small part within a kit. Great company for me anyway.
In fact, bought an IDS for my Ultra that HD listed for $305, but Zanotti mistakenly listed for $105. When I ordered, the sales woman noticed the discrepency and got the manager to check it out. He gave it to me for the $105 price!!!!
Like I said, I can't say enough for them!!!
Besides - you've complained about a part they don't have and they honestly tell you it's backordered, why didn't you just go somewhere else? Seems pretty drastic to badmouth them.
I agree with you. Ok to post an unfavorable experience but to name the thread Beware of Zanottis is a bit over the top imho.

Quick Reply: Beware of Zanotti Motor