General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Valve Train Noise?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 12:16 PM
cadman311
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds more like a troll

Old 08-09-2010, 01:44 PM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

Ok oh great cadman311......in your opinion, what is not a cheap oil? Please tell me you are not another Amsoil evangelist. oh please !

Old 08-09-2010, 02:03 PM
cadman311
Club Member

Someone with a problem bike is not going buy another new bike? I don't think so? His first couple post with this type story. It's sounding funny. I do think good oil works better then dino oil. I see first hand on that oil stuff.

Old 08-10-2010, 10:25 AM
sduhn
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cadman311
Someone with a problem bike is not going buy another new bike? I don't think so? His first couple post with this type story. It's sounding funny. I do think good oil works better then dino oil. I see first hand on that oil stuff.
Where did you learn to write in english? There's not much in your posts that makes much sence......what the hell does going and buying a new bike have to do with noisy lifters, you must be some kind of country bumpkin or something.....cheap oil??...Oil recomended by the manufacturer, weather it's HD or any other manufacture is is considered cheap by your standards?...you must be an AMSOIL or oil additive expert!!

I guess warrenty means nothing to a guy like you......seeing as the manufacturer can void warrenty if they deem that the product(s) being used DO NOT meet their specifications (mainly oil and filters) and if they are the cause of the engine failure. Man what a boob......

Old 08-10-2010, 10:31 AM
cadman311
Club Member

Originally Posted by sduhn
Where did you learn to write in english? There's not much in your posts that makes much sence......what the hell does going and buying a new bike have to do with noisy lifters, you must be some kind of country bumpkin or something.....cheap oil??...Oil recomended by the manufacturer, weather it's HD or any other manufacture is is considered cheap by your standards?...you must be an AMSOIL or oil additive expert!!

I guess warrenty means nothing to a guy like you......seeing as the manufacturer can void warrenty if they deem that the product(s) being used DO NOT meet their specifications (mainly oil and filters) and if they are the cause of the engine failure. Man what a boob......
Run your bike with out oil will do the same thing to your bike. Get a life.

I work worked motors for 40 years in my life. I have seen allot of dumb stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lorAN...1&feature=fvwp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbiRMfBpjII&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEuyXIW1krk

Last edited by cadman311; 08-10-2010 at 10:42 AM.
Old 10-02-2010, 12:40 AM
Buddie91
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Lifter noise?

Originally Posted by sduhn
I have an 09 Street Glide with approx 18000km (approx 11000 miles) Took it for it's 1st big trip last weekend and after riding for more than 8hrs and letting the bike cool down over night, I noticed that there is a very loud clacking sound when it's cold....almost like the lifters arnt pressuring up,(I know the bike has solid lifters) noise is there until the engine reaches operating temp or it's riden for 1/2 hour then noise is gone for the rest of the day till the engine is cold again. Bike is going in for broken fairing brackets and front tire this week, just wondering if anyone has the same issue and or what they did to get rid of the noise.....I also have a 2010 Street Glide and that thing is as quiet as a mouse, no valvetrain noise what so ever...engine are all built the same, same parts, but some are noisier than others, so I've been told by HD.....but this very loud clacking noise shouldn't be considered normal....any suggestions?

I just bought my first Harley this summer, 2010 Street Glide. It has almost 2K on it now, it was back for it's 1K service per Harley's maintenance schedule. This motor IMO has very excessive lifter noise when your at 2K that you can here even with the radio on. I took it back once and they said it's normal, now after joining this forum and reading what you guys are saying I know I'm not crazy. So I guess I'm going back and bitching up a storm until somebody does something to fix this thing!