General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Very good experience at a fairly local dealer here in MO

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 01:17 PM
champ198
Tourer
Received 62 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Very good experience at a fairly local dealer here in MO

so as most of you know i have been looking at gettin on a Sporster here hopefully soon. but like always with someone new to the brand and so on i kow a little but not enough about what i want. so last Sunday went to a dealer that is pretty close to my house about 30 min away. was not really very happy when i left because not one person from the dealer came up to ask me if i needed any help or anything so i wasnt really very happy about that at all.
so yesterday i took off work and headed out to check out 2 more dealers. one was In Lebanon MO and the other was at Lake Of the Ozarks. both are owned by the same company Ozark HD.
hit Lebanon first....man what a great experience. met one of the sales guys pretty quick and got to talking to him. and i did tell him that i wasnt wanting to buy anything right at the moment but was mainly looking to see a few things and see how i liked them such as mid vs forward controls and diffrent bars like Mini Apes...the sales guy brought me inside where they had a 48 with forward controls and mini apes on it and let me get on it and see how i liked it. it was much better than the mids and stock bars that were on the first 883 sporty i had sat on earlier.
got to talking to the guy and he was realyl very helpfull on any of the questions that i had. as a matter of fact everyone in the store from the sales guys to the cashier was very nice. i was checkin out some of the leather jackets and the cashier came over to ask if i needed any help with anything and if i had any questions to let her know and she would help me out.
all in all it was a very nice experience and want to make sure to give the crew at Ozark HD in Lebanon big props when i do get on a bike this is where i will be doing my buisness at that is for sure.

Old 10-01-2010, 01:23 PM
DC-LoudSound
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good customer service goes a long way .... post pics when you get your new bike ! Ride Safe !

Old 10-01-2010, 01:57 PM
RutRoo
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm not from MO but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express there once.. I did not think that it was legal to sell motor vehicles in Mo on Sunday..
That is no excuse for you being ignored, but i would say the salesman are not very excited about being there on a Sunday.. Anyway I too only deal with salesmen of any of my stuff that I feel treated me the way I want to be treated.. By the way I will not tell anyone how I want to be treated, they have to guess.. Makes for a better shopping experience..

Old 10-01-2010, 03:09 PM
champ198
Tourer
Received 62 Likes on 26 Posts

Not really sure if you can sell on a sunday or not....but really still isnt the point ya know...i wasnt there to buy a bike but i did have some questions on a few things and wanted to sit on a bike and check a few things out on them was my main intention....and like you i wont let someone know how i want to be treated they need to find out......the sales guy at the other store sure did and he was a very good guy...would buy a bike from him in a heartbeat if i had the chance

Old 10-01-2010, 05:28 PM
BassCatcher
Grand HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

I had the opposite experience. Went down to Lebanon to trade in my old bike and pretty much all they did was run my bike down and wouldn't budge on the price of their new ones. Went up to the one in Osage Beach and they went on about how much they liked my bike, how nice it looked and gave me a better price on my trade-in. I bought a new bike from them that day. I was out of there in about an hour.

Old 10-01-2010, 08:43 PM
Militard
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So if you don't mind me asking, what town was the first dealer from and and where are you located. I know I have been to the dealer in Joplin, that's where I bought my sporty at and the dealer there took very good care of me. Lamar was my salesman and I felt extremely happy dealing with them. The folks at the motors clothes Department are great and everyone is really friendly. I really like this dealership. Not so impressed with the one where I live, so I drive an hour to Joplin to deal with them, usually.

Old 10-01-2010, 09:31 PM
RollaMo
Grand HDF Member
Received 452 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by BassCatcher
I had the opposite experience. Went down to Lebanon to trade in my old bike and pretty much all they did was run my bike down and wouldn't budge on the price of their new ones. Went up to the one in Osage Beach and they went on about how much they liked my bike, how nice it looked and gave me a better price on my trade-in. I bought a new bike from them that day. I was out of there in about an hour.
The same guy owns and runs both the Lebanon and the Lake store

Old 10-01-2010, 09:33 PM
RollaMo
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by champ198
all in all it was a very nice experience and want to make sure to give the crew at Ozark HD in Lebanon big props when i do get on a bike this is where i will be doing my buisness at that is for sure.
I've purchased two new bikes from them.
Very nice bunch there. And they have a very good service dept.

Old 10-01-2010, 09:37 PM
RollaMo
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by RutRoo
I'm not from MO but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express there once.. I did not think that it was legal to sell motor vehicles in Mo on Sunday..
That is correct. No motor vehicle sales of any kind on Sunday in Missouri.

Old 10-01-2010, 11:04 PM
BassCatcher
Grand HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by RollaMo
The same guy owns and runs both the Lebanon and the Lake store
Yes, I know. But, I never met him nor talked to him (at least that I know)....I dealt with the salespeople. I thought that was who we were talking about.

I will say that the salespeople at both places were very friendly and informative when I was just "kicking tires". It was when I went in to buy that things went south.

Hey, it was probably just me, you may have an entirely different experience when you buy.

Quick Reply: Very good experience at a fairly local dealer here in MO