General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

92 flhs

Old 08-08-2010, 01:32 AM
usmc_jbw
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 flhs

Hey all, I'm new here and I was hoping there were FLHS owners here that could enlighten me to some resources on parts for my 92 FLHS. This bike is damn hard to track down parts that fit. For instance, seats and fairings. I want to put on a seat and fairing from an FLHX but everything changed sizes so nothing will fit without modifying a lot. I plan on keeping all the stock gear in case I want to take it back to original so I don't want to have to permanantly modify anything. It's looking as though I'm gonna have to take a pic of an FLHX seat and my seat to a custom upholstery shop and have them just refoam and contour my seatpan to get the seat I want. I'm for sure going with a gel pad on top of the foam. As far as the fairing goes, anyone have any suggestions? I couldn't decide if I wanted to go a Road King route or Street Glide and I've come to the conclusion that in my opinion, the Street Glide is just a slicker looking bike for me. Don't get me wrong, I love Road Kings a lot, I just think the Street Glide is the look I like best. Anyway, I look forward to any suggestions anyone might have. Thanks.

Old 08-08-2010, 08:54 AM
big cahuna
Grand HDF Member
Received 227 Likes on 152 Posts

Supply and demand apply here. No demand, no supply. You might be able to source a new seat from Corbin or mustang, but you might also need to change mounting points on the bike. There are some aftermarket fairing suppliers, you could try J@p cycles or Dennis kirk. You should be able to find a cut down windshield on ebay .You have a 18 years old bike so new parts aren't going to fit like they were made for it. Sometimes YOU have to get creative.,