General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any opinions Barnett HD in El Paso/Las Cruces?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 12:20 PM
kamut
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any opinions Barnett HD in El Paso/Las Cruces?

I have only used the parts departments at Barnett's in El Paso and Las Cruces. I'm wondering about sales and service experiences. I think there's one good and one bad review each on the Good/Bad Experiences sticky thread.

How is the service department?

How are sales? Games/weirdness or straight up?

They have new '08's and '09's in stock, so I'm not really sure about their business/sales philosophy.

Old 08-10-2010, 01:57 PM
brandon78
Advanced

If you have to deal with them, ask for Big George. He's an alright guy. After he realized I wasn't going to buy a bike that day, and I'm the kind of guy who does my homework, he didn't even attempt to sell me a bike - just had me let him know what I was looking for.

Overall, I'm not that impressed by the people at El Paso Barnett, but I got spoiled by awesome customer service at Rudolph Honda and expect the same everywhere. I was less than impressed by the parts counter, but the guys in service seem cool and helpful. I haven't been up to Cruces Barnett yet, so no help to you there.

Old 08-10-2010, 02:10 PM
BigAlsRK
Road Master

Bought a FXDL from them about 4 years ago...did it all on line...Daniel was my salesman...great guy treated me fair....no bullshit.

Old 08-10-2010, 03:22 PM
deanp1964
Road Master

Barnett El Paso: I paid too much for an 09 heritage from them (my fault i guess) and got a killer deal on a 09 FLHTP from Wild West in Greeley, CO.

I get along ok with the guys at the parts counter, Gene is probably the most helpful, and Ric in service is very cool, although I've never needed them to work on either of my bikes.

I'm in there quite a bit though, and agree with the other post about using Big George in sales - but know what you want to pay, and be aware of prices elsewhere so that you can make a fair deal. George will work for you though if you want him to.

Mr. Barnett is a stand-up guy - good for the community and good for local riders for sure.

Last edited by deanp1964; 08-10-2010 at 04:05 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:09 PM
Splandman
Tourer

I have nothing to add, except that when I got out of basic training in 91 and was sent to Bliss I used to go to Barnetts annd lust over the bikes. I remember they had a ton of used stuff.

Old 08-10-2010, 04:13 PM
Not E'nuff Harley
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

I bought my FXD from MC there in April '08, and he was my best friend before the purchase. After the sale though, I think he got amnesia or something because he no longer seemed to know who I was. Took 3 weeks to get reimbursed for my airfare and my paper tag was expired for 2 weeks before my plate arrived. I contacted the sales mgr. about the airfare and the tag issues and he certainly didn't care, either.
Price on the bike was fair, but my next Harley won't be from there.

Old 08-10-2010, 05:33 PM
larry bart
Road Master
Received 289 Likes on 112 Posts
Default Still waiting

Called them about 2yrs ago about a bike they had advertised(cycle trader) said he would check to see if they still had it and call me back.
Purchased 3 Bikes since then still no call THERE LOSS!

Old 08-10-2010, 11:23 PM
CasaWolves
Road Warrior
Received 342 Likes on 146 Posts

Prices a little high, wont deal much with you, can do better other places. Not happy with svc. they tried to talk me out of BAL (lights), gave me some stuff about shorts and burn outs, things Ive never read about. Good looking ladies hang out there.

Old 08-11-2010, 05:43 AM
cchips
Ultimate HDF Member

I had a wreck on Cruces last year and they worked with my insurance to get everything repaired, or so I thought. The service manager was very good to deal with until after I got the bike back. I was still recuperating when I picked it up so my son and I trailered it home. We stopped in Ruidosa when my son noticed that my exhaust was sitting on the bottom of the trailer. I called them and they certainly did not seem concerned.

I did call them when I got ready to buy my new bike. I told them I was ready to buy a 2010 Ultra Limited. The saleswoman said she would call me back with what they had in inventory and price. I am still waiting on the call. I purchased it from High Plains in Clovis, NM two days later.

Old 08-11-2010, 09:38 AM
FastHoss
Elite HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

I emailed them about a 1200R they had a few years ago,never heard from them.That was like five bikes ago.

Quick Reply: Any opinions Barnett HD in El Paso/Las Cruces?