General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Hate This Phukin State

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 11:10 PM
panz4ever
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,210 Likes on 1,480 Posts
Default I Hate This Phukin State

SACRAMENTO -- California lawmakers want to put a plug in the earsplitting roar from modified motorcycles.

The state Senate today voted 21-16 to pass SB435. The bill makes it a crime to operate a motorcycle manufactured after Jan. 1, 2013, that fails to meet federal noise-emission control standards.

Motorcyclists whose vehicles lack the proper U.S. Environmental Protection Agency label would be subject to a fine.

Supporters say many motorcycle owners modify their bikes to make them much louder, which in turn creates a public nuisance. Those modifications also allow the motorcycle to produce more harmful emissions.

Opponents of the bill say many aftermarket exhaust systems meet emission standards but aren't labeled, meaning law-abiding riders could be unfairly ticketed.

The bill now goes to Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, who owns multiple motorcycles.

Old 08-30-2010, 11:16 PM
dirtracin23
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Better hope the "Terminator" terminates that bill with the veto stamp!

I spent 4 years in the Navy out there and when people ask if I have ever went back, I simply reply "Nope, I didn't forget nothing out there that I need to go back and get".

Old 08-30-2010, 11:20 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Well alot of guys do modify their ride to make more noise, And because of them we will have new laws that we will have to comply to. It was real simple to preclude this legislation "Do be a *** on the throttle".

Old 08-30-2010, 11:24 PM
Malibyte
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Naah, the Governator is phukin' worthless. He killed the 30-year rolling smog-test exemption a while back, which has pissed off every car collector in the state. Even his buddy Jay Leno, an avid bike and car collector, couldn't convince him not to do it.

At least they've bumped it back to 2013. The rest of us are grandfathered in. Guess I won't be buying any new bikes after 1/1/13...will just keep my old '03 alive and well - and if I DO need to buy a "new" bike, it'll be used. Harley and all of the other bike mfrs should have been fighting this one tooth-and-nail.

I have aftermarket pipes, but I make sure to keep the revs low in my neighborhood and at intersections. If we'd all been doing that, we wouldn't have had a bunch of pissed-off blue-hairs writing their congress-critters...

Last edited by Malibyte; 08-30-2010 at 11:33 PM.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:31 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by leicafish
Well alot of guys do modify their ride to make more noise, And because of them we will have new laws that we will have to comply to.
Ever consider it is because of all of the idiots elected to your State legislature? Ohio is almost as looney...but it is the liberal turds in the legislature who decide how much noise YOU can make. Vote them out and repeal the law.

Old 08-31-2010, 12:20 AM
Jeff W
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

You and others of that State have got to go vote the morons out of office that are killing your State. outside of that your only other choice is to move the heck out of there.

Old 08-31-2010, 12:32 AM
panz4ever
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,210 Likes on 1,480 Posts

Herz a pic of the Kommie Kunt. Fran Pavley, Democrat Santa Monica. Are we sure it is not actually a Frank Pavley?

Attached Thumbnails I Hate This Phukin State-home.jpg  
Old 08-31-2010, 12:57 AM
AThousandHurricanes
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We should organize a weekly early morning run* in front of Fran Pavley's house.

*sit and rev engines until the cops show up

Old 08-31-2010, 02:46 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,828 Likes on 17,453 Posts

Remember while this kinda bull always starts on either coast it is going hit all states sooner or later , we just get the biggest portion of the poopy pie first in Ca.

Old 08-31-2010, 06:50 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Poopy pie.,... holy crap! LMGDAO!

Quick Reply: I Hate This Phukin State