General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tourmaster Gloves - cold thumbs

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 05:48 PM
CSP067
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tourmaster Gloves - cold thumbs

I've done a search and seen several mentions elsewhere online that the Tourmaster Synergy gloves don't have heated thumbs. My gloves appear to have the same problem. Rode today and both my thumbs were seriously cold. Just wondering if others have noticed the same thing. I mean who the hell makes heated gloves, but doesn't think it's important to heat the thumbs?

My first controller was defective. Couldn't turn it off, and it had no low heat level. They replaced it promptly without charge, but the replacement has the same issue, so I'm not thrilled with this product anyway. But I could live with it if the thumbs were heated.

Old 12-11-2010, 06:29 PM
Blargh
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

took my first ride today w/ gerbing glove liners (only heated gear i have so far) in upper 30's/low40's for about 3 hrs (50-90mph) - hands plenty toasty ... only have the on/off switch though, and while its just a quick click it'd be nice to have the temp controller (thats another $55 or more though...bad time of year to add cost) to just leave them on at a comfortable level.

Total for the liners and the on/off was <$100, and they are definitely heating all fingers and back of my hands

Old 12-11-2010, 09:00 PM
mike in dallas
Road Master
Received 87 Likes on 69 Posts

have the heated gerbing gloves, and i love them. havent had a problem with the thumbs. i will say this if your gloves are tight you need to go up one size. there needs to be a little space between the wind and your fingers.

Old 12-11-2010, 09:21 PM
Evil_keeps_me_young
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have the tourmaster gloves and i think your right... my thumbs get cold and numb but i just contributed that to my hands being above my heart with my ape hangers... once i let my hands down to let the blood return my thumbs warmed up... so i'm absolutely no help what so ever, sorry... why not contact them and ask? then post it here so the rest of us can see...

Old 12-13-2010, 06:26 AM
carlgrover
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,187 Likes on 1,264 Posts

I wanted to buy Tourmaster heated gloves when I was looking but the reviews were pretty much what you have described so I bought Gerbings and have never had a problem.

Old 12-13-2010, 06:33 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,324 Likes on 3,269 Posts

Originally Posted by carlgrover
I wanted to buy Tourmaster heated gloves when I was looking but the reviews were pretty much what you have described so I bought Gerbings and have never had a problem.
i had warm n safe liners before and bought Gerbing as soon as i could afford them...still have the liner for passenger.

Old 12-13-2010, 06:44 AM
jafhdo
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had FirstGear heated gloves last year. They lasted one winter before the lining wore through. Heating elements against bare skin not a good thing even on low.

Got a set of Gerbing heated gloves and jacket liner. WOW!!!

to Gerbing! I've ridden in 18 deg F temps and stayed toasty warm!

Old 12-13-2010, 07:29 AM
TitoFTW
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My leather tourmaster synergy gloves rock. This is my 3rd winter with them. I ride in the 20's, no problem.

Old 12-13-2010, 07:32 AM
cadman311
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go with heated hand grips

Old 12-13-2010, 08:06 AM
cdestuck
Supporter

Received 211 Likes on 101 Posts

Cant think why people just dont go for the Gerbing gear. Have had a lot of use with them and cant be beat. Grea customer service also. Did have an end on my controller go bad and called them. No problem...sent it back and they took care of it.

Quick Reply: Tourmaster Gloves - cold thumbs