General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Here's one for Military riders

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 02:02 PM
Furno
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Here's one for Military riders

I just bought a XL1200L Sportster through the Exchange new Car Sales, and found out about this offer that the sales rep didn't bother to tell me about. Apparently if you bought or buy a bike from AAFES or ENCS up till 31 dec 2010, and you complete a basic riders course (required for military anyway) by 30 apr 2011, then they will send you a $500 check.

you can check out more about it here:http://blog.encs.com/

the website says you gotta send them a receipt, but i contacted them and for military riders who took the course for free, just send a copy of your card/certificate. (you can see in the comments section of their thread where i asked about it)
*Edit They asked for a copy of Military ID as well*

Last edited by Furno; 12-10-2010 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Added info
Old 12-10-2010, 02:03 PM
Furno
Advanced

this is my first new thread, so if i posted it improperly, or did something inappropriate, then let me know.

I'm not trying to solicit any business here, just letting people know about a totally awesome program that's available for my military comrades.

Old 12-10-2010, 02:12 PM
Blargh
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Furno
this is my first new thread, so if i posted it improperly, or did something inappropriate, then let me know.

I'm not trying to solicit any business here, just letting people know about a totally awesome program that's available for my military comrades.
nah, i think you're good - thanks, gonna send this info to a bud of mine, he's planning to get a bike before coming back in feb'11

Old 12-10-2010, 02:59 PM
DMorr99
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I seen that offer. The only problem is that it requires a multi-day class to be eligible. I don't know for sure if there is a class overseas that will meet the criteria. I hope there is though as I will set through it for $500.00. Plus the good Uncle will pay me my normal pay because it's "safety" related.

Old 12-10-2010, 03:28 PM
Motorbones
Road Master

Originally Posted by Furno

Looking out for the welfare of your brothers and sisters who ride is always appropriate!! Thanks for sharing!!!!

Old 12-10-2010, 03:41 PM
Luxer
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by DMorr99
I seen that offer. The only problem is that it requires a multi-day class to be eligible. I don't know for sure if there is a class overseas that will meet the criteria. I hope there is though as I will set through it for $500.00. Plus the good Uncle will pay me my normal pay because it's "safety" related.
How far are you from Ramstein? They offer the MSF course there and there are no differences in the course...same card as what you would get in the states. I have been taking these MSF courses overseas for quite a few years now and will become an instructor next spring...it's a good set up that they have for us and the MSF is recognized if you are going back to the states as well.

Old 12-10-2010, 04:19 PM
Furno
Advanced

I'm on Guam, and my command offers the MSF Basic Riders Course, The website says the course must be 3 to 5 day, but if you look at http://msf-usa.org Then you might notice that they advertise the BRC at 2 days and the ERC as 1/2 day. i don't see any 3 to 5 day classes listed.

the course i did was only 2 days... 1 day classroom, 1 day riding, I was told that they will accept it for the offer.

It's worth the cost of a stamp to find out if they will accept your stuff... if they reject it for some reason then oh well.

I'll be mailing mine off monday morning,

Old 12-10-2010, 04:22 PM
Furno
Advanced

Oh, the $500 will be buying me a set of forward controls, some nice grips and a set of pegs.

Old 12-10-2010, 04:23 PM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,622 Posts

Nice, good deal for military troops & great way to promote riding safety. It's a win-win! Welcome & thanks for sharing.

Old 12-10-2010, 04:26 PM
Luxer
Road Warrior

They are usually really good about accepting the offers. My experience with car sales is that if the offer is out there, then its yours if you qualify. No loopholes are fancy talk like you see so many other places. My buddy just picked up a 2010 Fatboy that was sitting in the aisle of the BX for the past year. They haven't been able to get the bikes tested out to make them road legal in Japan so they were stuck with it. After all the discounts and everything offered, he went in and got this 2010 FB with zero miles on it for $13,300. A week later he found out about the $500 offer and went in and showed them his ERC card...now he has a brand new/year old FB that he paid @12,800 OTD. He is getting it shipped back to the states and the only other item he has to worry about is the state tax charge he will get hit with when he goes to title the bike. A lot of people forget about the tax hit they will get when they rotate back to the states. I ordered my WG early in my tour so the bike will have spent at least four years overseas before being shipped back to the states. If you can do it that way, then most states are not even going to hit you with a tax charge when you go to title it. Either way though...car sales is a fantastic program and they really do a lot to support us. I know I will be ordering my Ram 1500 through them when I eventually head back stateside.

Quick Reply: Here's one for Military riders