General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ride Bells

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 06:37 AM
Normando
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ride Bells

Who has a Ride Bells and where do you put it on your bike ? I received that from my brother at Chrismass. I never heard of that before...(I'm new to Harley world) Also wanderind if you hear the bell while riding or at idle. In other words, will it sound like my Ducati at idle...lol

From my search I found:
Legend has it that Evil Road Spirits have been latching themselves on to motorcycles for as long as there have been bikes on the road. These Evil Road Spirits are responsible for mechanical problems and bad luck along a journey.

Legend goes on to say that by attaching a small bell onto your bike, the Evil Road Spirits will become trapped inside the bell where the constant ringing drives them insane, making them lose their grip until they fall to the ground. (Ever wonder where potholes come from?)

Legend also has it that the mystery of the Guardian™ Bell carries twice as much power when it is purchased by a friend or loved one and given as a gift.

Last edited by Normando; 12-27-2010 at 07:15 AM.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:39 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,324 Likes on 3,269 Posts

Easy here...on my trailer hitch...just use a metal tie to the frame... Joyeux Noel et Bonne annee.

Old 12-27-2010, 07:31 AM
GONZEE
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tie it to the lowest part of the bike. and no you wont hear it.

Old 12-27-2010, 07:46 AM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine's on the left side passenger peg. I think one of my bikes has 2 of them. They must work 'cause I haven't crashed yet. They're supposed to go low on the bike to pick up gremlins off the road.

Old 12-27-2010, 08:46 AM
strongwood
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gave one to my son for Christmas,

He needs no gremlins

Old 12-27-2010, 09:43 AM
walkerinin
Road Master
Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Tie as low to the ground as possible. I sumetime can hear mine, not usually but sometimes.
DO NOT mount it on the light bar above your front fender. I did and I now have a small ding and paint chip. It is not there any more.

Old 12-27-2010, 09:51 AM
vet767
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Smile

I have drilled a very small hole in each of my bikes in the front motor mount brkt and used stainless key ring loops (?) to attach them. some will say bad idea, but lets see 16000 miles on the sporty, 35000 on the dyna and almost 15000 on the roadking. ain't lost the motor yet, oh yeah, can't get much lower than that

Old 12-27-2010, 10:12 AM
chuckw2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 384 Likes on 230 Posts

got a new when from my wife when I bought the bike, had it hung where the old one was on a ring from the front axle nut cover set screw. It took a big hit one time from something and a few weeks later disappeared completely. have the old now hanging from the front frame bar under the neck but sounds like I need to move it a little lower.

can only hear it when moving the bike around with the engine off.

I never knew about these things and thought this was a custom that evolved since I stopped riding in the 80's but I have an old Easyriders from 1980 with a feature bike that looks like it has one hanging from the frame.

Old 12-27-2010, 10:44 AM
blusmbl
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I got one for Christmas too. I was planning on just running the ring through one of my floorboard extension bolts.

Old 12-27-2010, 11:15 AM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i guess none of you guys never walk under ladders either

Quick Reply: Ride Bells