General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

decisions.....decisions

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 04:01 PM
chevypilot
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default decisions.....decisions

Well I have the good fortune to have to make a fun decision and was interested in your opinions...

I have only one harley at the moment, and I'm trying to decide between doing performance and looks upgrades, or buy a second harley......so many factors I know, but something about having a second bike is really pulling me that way.....not a new one just decent used...

Old 01-12-2011, 04:15 PM
Gruamach
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

More info on current bike and what you want to do while riding (either as daily-driver or "when I want to have fun") needed.

You've a 97 Heritage? That's an almost-touring bike....is it good enough for your daily commute and distance riding, or do you want to sacrifice some of its touring-like qualities for faster speed and chopper style?

You're bike is a definite cruiser....I'd say keep it as a comfortable cruiser and get a Sporty or Superglide for performance riding on the twisty backroads.

edit: As nice and upgraded as my SG is, I'm still contemplating getting a used Sporty for those canyon-carving rides, despite the SG being a superbly handling bike.

Old 01-12-2011, 04:17 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

One is enough for me to work on, house and insure. But if you have the time and money, go for it.

Old 01-12-2011, 04:21 PM
LCook
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really? That's your decision? Do what you want to do and stop rubbing it in to the rest of us with one bike.

Having said that...I have a Heritage but would buy a Night Train if I could find one used for a good price. Something to cruise on, and something to scoot on, know what I mean?

We can dream, huh?

Old 01-12-2011, 04:34 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,903 Likes on 17,471 Posts

Bikes are to be looked at like women , you've got the wife already she's there for you a comfortable reliable ride anytime you want . Second bike has to be the Mistress and should be everything wifey isn't , hot , fast & nasty and makes heads turn but not something you wanna deal with everyday . 2 are always better than one .

Old 01-12-2011, 04:42 PM
hig4s
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chevypilot
Well I have the good fortune to have to make a fun decision and was interested in your opinions...

I have only one harley at the moment, and I'm trying to decide between doing performance and looks upgrades, or buy a second harley......so many factors I know, but something about having a second bike is really pulling me that way.....not a new one just decent used...
I think you can guess my opinion, once you know I have a full dress bike and a Sportster.

Old 01-12-2011, 04:57 PM
Bandit29
Tourer

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Bikes are to be looked at like women , you've got the wife already she's there for you a comfortable reliable ride anytime you want . Second bike has to be the Mistress and should be everything wifey isn't , hot , fast & nasty and makes heads turn but not something you wanna deal with everyday . 2 are always better than one .
What he said!

Old 01-12-2011, 05:00 PM
Old Sorrel
Road Captain

Now THAT is some wise **** right there.

Too bad you can only ride one at a time.

Old 01-12-2011, 05:05 PM
Mandodoc
Tourer

I vote second, different kind of bike. I say it is like multiple guitars or mandolins, each plays a little different and inspires you in a different way.

Old 01-12-2011, 05:07 PM
LCook
Intermediate

That's prophetic. I like it.

Quick Reply: decisions.....decisions